B16, B18, B20
By ecastro8
#253841 i just want to know how do all of you guys know how do swaps or just in knowing what to do when somehting is wrong i just want to learn but i mean if i go in my car with out any help i know i would do something wrong lol
By jayEGR
#253850 Research Research Research ,look at other peoples builds,ask question, you wont learn until you do it yourself and start off yourself , i asked the same question and asked my friends to help me but there not always there , plus it depends on what build you wanna go with or what setup you want, the only way to learn is read and do it your self :thumb:

HANDS ON is the only way your would get anywhere ,you gotta want to learn and do it your self :wink:
By LaosToaster
jayEGR wrote:Research Research Research ,look at other peoples builds,ask question, you wont learn until you do it yourself and start off yourself , i asked the same question and asked my friends to help me but there not always there , plus it depends on what build you wanna go with or what setup you want, the only way to learn is read and do it your self :thumb:

HANDS ON is the only way your would get anywhere ,you gotta want to learn and do it your self :wink:

x2! gotta make love with ur car to kno how she works :hehe:
By forcefedEG
LaosToaster wrote:
jayEGR wrote:Research Research Research ,look at other peoples builds,ask question, you wont learn until you do it yourself and start off yourself , i asked the same question and asked my friends to help me but there not always there , plus it depends on what build you wanna go with or what setup you want, the only way to learn is read and do it your self :thumb:

x2! gotta make love with ur car to kno how she works :hehe:

Hands on experience ftw :thumb:
By poorman type-r
#254883 I guess I will repeat what they are saying haha. Hands on experience bro.

I remember I was 15 and it took me 5+ hours to do a headgasket on a d16y5, why? Because 1. I was new to working on cars, 2. I had no help, 3. I took off everything lol don't know why but I did. Headers got dropped, intake manifold taken off, dizzy. Then it took FOREVER to get the timing correct.

I learned from it though and today I can drop a motor and put in another swap in 5 hours. The poorman way though, that means you drop your motor on a pallet, strap a rope to it and drag it out, put the new motor on the pallet, push it back, and line it up drop the jacks and hook everything up and fire it up. Haha :thumb:

Good luck brother. Remember everyone is here to help you though if you have any specific questions.
By Fada Blayne
#255110 What they said
By lsvbeghatch
#256114 by doing it... if you run into issues, civic-eg is here lol :thumb: