B16, B18, B20
By beerys95lx
#252416 ok i found a type r civic b16b engine for $3,750.00 it a complete swap or should i go with a b16b spoon long block $6.200.00 and it just a long block.
ok the question is which is a better deal?
i don't have any b series stuff so i would have to get everything.
By jrhdominos
#252433 okay..both motors share the same purpose. Spoon builds track ready motors perfectly blueprinted and balanced, etc. The b16b came only in the Civic Type R in japan, and its purpose was mainly to be a track bred motor. Me personally I would go with the swap. Everything comes with, and its still almost half the price of the spoon motor. By the time you buy the spoon longblock, then everything else to go with, you will prob have close to $10k invested. The b16b is just as fun for a fraction of the price. Most b16b's have super low miles anyway, so the motors are pretty close to new. To answer your question...the b16b is a "better deal" lol
By forcefedEG
#252449 X2 get the whole swap and call it a day :thumb:
By beerys95lx
#252459 That what I was thinking to and I could alway buy a spoon engine later if I ever get bored with it. Does anyone have a b16b swap if you do how do you like it? And how hard are they to do?
By Eg6H2D
beerys95lx wrote:That what I was thinking to and I could alway buy a spoon engine later if I ever get bored with it. Does anyone have a b16b swap if you do how do you like it? And how hard are they to do?

They are the same swap as any other B series into an EG if that's where it's going. all that needed is OBD2-OBD1 conversion harnesses and if your car is not wired for vtec get it wired for vtec. Also The ECVU must be prepare either with a virgen p28 or a chipped p28 with a B16B base map to run the motor..

Also this is not your typical B16 motor. It has a more Aggressive OEM camshaft alont with other goodies so it's fun! :thumb:
By forcefedEG
EG6b20R wrote:
beerys95lx wrote:That what I was thinking to and I could alway buy a spoon engine later if I ever get bored with it. Does anyone have a b16b swap if you do how do you like it? And how hard are they to do?

They are the same swap as any other B series into an EG if that's where it's going. all that needed is OBD2-OBD1 conversion harnesses and if your car is not wired for vtec get it wired for vtec. Also The ECVU must be prepare either with a virgen p28 or a chipped p28 with a B16B base map to run the motor..

Also this is not your typical B16 motor. It has a more Aggressive OEM camshaft alont with other goodies so it's fun! :thumb:

If i were going to do a b16b into an eg, I would buy the swap like your planning , then get a sohc vtec engine harness so its obd 1 lengethn any plugs you may need to use the injector clips from your obd2 harness (splice and solder them in) and also the alternator plug but there color coded, and get a update harness to use the obd2 distributor and send an ecu to phearable.net and have john do a b16b base map for you. That's a simple step by step.

Oh and if you order a complete swap you will need to get Linkage for an eg or integra, as the b16b was and ek chassis only and the linkage is different
By Eg6H2D
forcefedEG wrote:
EG6b20R wrote:

If i were going to do a b16b into an eg, I would buy the swap like your planning , then get a sohc vtec engine harness so its obd 1 lengethn any plugs you may need to use the injector clips from your obd2 harness (splice and solder them in) and also the alternator plug but there color coded, and get a update harness to use the obd2 distributor and send an ecu to phearable.net and have john do a b16b base map for you. That's a simple step by step.

Oh and if you order a complete swap you will need to get Linkage for an eg or integra, as the b16b was and ek chassis only and the linkage is different

Splice and Solder. ouch.. He sounds like he wants to spend the money. get the conversion harness from RyWire.. =] it's easy when it's clean. do it right the 1st time..

http://www.rywire.com/catalog/obd1-harn ... 6b3b666d8a

:thumb:
:thumb: :thumb: :thumb:
By forcefedEG
#252510 The wiring is so simple to do (mostly all color coded) why spend that much money for a harness you can do yourself , but that's just me..... :? I've made my own harnesses before and there clean as can be or cleaner than oem. I've Never had any problems before .....
By beerys95lx
#252555 i don't mind doing the harness and its in to an eg9 casie. has anyone do this swap and what kind of hp does the b16b make i've anywhere from 185hp to 210hp whats the really horse power
By jrhdominos
#252561 Im not sure but I think its something like 185hp and 118 lb/ft tq. Thats not the number you want to look at tho...The b16b has a rod to stroke ratio of 1.85 or something like that, which makes it extremely rev happy, a motor that you can beat the piss out of daily, lol. Its basically a race built motor straight from the factory. We arent talking about race like drag racing, more like autocross or something. A 1.85 rod to stroke ratio means basically that there is no pressure from the pistons on the cylinder walls, so you can rev to the moon safely all you want, lol. Like I said, a "race built motor" straight from the factory. I found this on Honda Tech, sorry guys.
http://honda-tech.com/showthread.php?t=367026
By beerys95lx
#252644 Ya that's what I thought. The only thing that has me icy is the aftermarked value spings bc there no name brand next to it.
By jayEGR
#252693 thts site is sick and legit , i like tht and it anit bad for all those aftermarket parts , wish i have 4k , but tht site is sick :thumb: