B16, B18, B20
By jrhdominos
#251485 I just bought a 1992 Acura Integra GSR with the b17a1.
From about 3000 rpms to around high 5000 rpms it seems that there is just no power, it picks up speed, just doesnt feel like its pulling right, does that sound right???
Anyways, where the intake should be, theres no tube, just a cone filter stuck on the throttle body, would this be affecting my mid range power a lot? I know B17s arent THAT torquey to begin with, but Ive driven a b16 teg and it seems that was faster. Just trying to get this situation straight.
Thanks in advance for any help or suggestions.
By jrhdominos
#251559 Bump
By eggman95
#251596 I would try driving without it but not to long just rip up the block and see then if it was the problem. Then go to the wreckers get a factory tube make a ghetto CAI or just buy one
I had a similar problem a friend helped me with my intake and when he put the filter back on he put it to close so my motor wouldn't have any power after 3500rpm.
By Eg6H2D
#251597 So when vtec activates it begins to pull again? Does it have a chipped Ecu or is it all stock aside from regular bolt ons?

Go on ebay and get a cheapo intake if your pockets are hurt. Also go take a look at the dizzy. if it looks not centered. center it. the top bolt is lined up to the exact middle of the hole. Timing might be off..

Check that and get back to us..

Also A picture could help..
By jrhdominos
#251639 Thanks i will do a "test run" without it and see how that works. It needs an intake regardless, so ill prolly pick up a stock intake and a K&N drop in. Oh and by the way stock p61, stock motor with bolt ons (kinda). I will be sure to check the dizzy. Ill TRY to get pics up.
By jrhdominos
#251640 Thanks i will do a "test run" without it and see how that works. It needs an intake regardless, so ill prolly pick up a stock intake and a K&N drop in. Oh and by the way stock p61, stock motor with bolt ons (kinda). I will be sure to check the dizzy. Ill TRY to get pics up.
By jrhdominos
EG6b20R wrote:So when vtec activates it begins to pull again? Does it have a chipped Ecu or is it all stock aside from regular bolt ons?

Go on ebay and get a cheapo intake if your pockets are hurt. Also go take a look at the dizzy. if it looks not centered. center it. the top bolt is lined up to the exact middle of the hole. Timing might be off..

Check that and get back to us..

Also A picture could help..

AROUND when VTEC activates is when it starts to run perfect again. Even from 1000 to around 3000 it seems to run fine. Ive never driven a b17 teg so I dont have much to go on lol. There is a significant midrange power loss tho..I think the intake is it, I guess we will see.
By jrhdominos
#252273 Okay, my timing is/was perfect..I checked that....I also took the intake filter completely off, and there wasnt a change???? I still think its the intake, tho.. Im gonna pick up a cheapo on from ebay, and see how that works. Anybody else have a suggestion???