B16, B18, B20
By beerys95lx
#251343 ok how fast could you spin a stock b16a1 crank with Carrillo Pro-A Beam Rods and type r pistons? i'd like to spin as high as i can with up it going boom.
By Ecc0
#251352 Do you mean speed of the engine (RPM)? or do you mean road speed (MPH) as these are 2 different things and many factors come into play for both.

RPM would require full engine rebuild and internals swaps for pretty much everything to compliment you rods and pistons plus it would then be down to the tuner to finish the job right for you.

MPH some the same as you'll need to rebuild and swap most internals and VC plus look into what gearbox you'll be running and final drive options for all out top end speed, this then may send you down the boost route if you want it quick, or all motor which can cost more to achieve.

Then would come wheel and tire options and sizes, aero, weight, fuelling, handling and most importantly safety for the driver.
By beerys95lx
#251359 rpm and other than up graded values springs, lighter rods, lighter pistons, and balancing the pistons and rods. what else should i do to get a B to spin more RPMs.
By Fada Blayne
#251379 An upgraded oil pump to supply more oil.
By That One Dude
#251396 GSR and ITR oil pumps are the same part number.

Balance is the name of the game for high RPMs. Turbine and compressor blades/wheels in jet engines cn spin upwards of 30,000rpm; the turbine/compressor wheels in turbos spin easily 100,000+rpm. Balance is paramount.

Get the crank, rods, and pistons balanced to each other. You can get the flywheel balanced to the assembly as well, but it's usually not necessary. Make sure the bearing clearances aren't too tight, otherwise the drag from the friction will slow the crank down.

I would also upgrade the valves to stronger units. At 6,000rpm (just as an example), the valves open and shut 3,000 times per minute. That's full valve travel 50 times per second, and of course the rate goes up with the increase in RPM. I overreved my ITR to 9,500rpm (long story), and bent/stretched at least one valve in cylinder #2. If I had stronger than stock valves, it probably wouldn't have happened.
By beerys95lx
#251438 ya where can i get my crank and rod/piston balanced at?
By forcefedEG
beerys95lx wrote:ya where can i get my crank and rod/piston balanced at?

Any competent machine shop should be able to handle balancing a rotating assembly....

With that being said balance is key if your going to run high rpm's.... if you don't mind me asking why are you worried about how high you rev it ? Most street cars with useable power bands dont ever have to come out of the 9 k range if even that high. Rpms kill engines (as far as accelerated wear) if you can make the same power at a lower rpm and have it live longer that's what I would do just my .02
By beerys95lx
#251532 i just love the sound of the B series at really high rpms
By Eg6H2D
beerys95lx wrote:i just love the sound of the B series at really high rpms

Just you using the term "Values Springs" in terms of Valve springs scare me! And the above statement you said u just love the sound of high rpm vtec engines. even worse. 8400k on a beastly build sounds pretty sick!!

Now if you want to rev that high and make no power hey thats up to you. just keep in mind your engine will wear easily and quickly and you definately will break more thean you want to..
Having unnecessary RPM where you make no more power or your power does not increase is pointless. Bringing it up that high just to hear it scream when it can scream better for a reason at a lower rpm, you risk valve float.
By beerys95lx
#251617 i like the sound and i like the power that come along with that.
i'd really like to have a B that wound pull all the way to 10,000rpms and them some. i just like an engine that would pull every wherein the rpm range.
By -paul
#251759 I hear what you're saying, bit like the Spoon eg6, they got the engine to redline at around 11,000rpm.

I can only imagine the amount of work carried out to obtain that. Not to mention ££££'s/$$$$'s.
By OleFolk
#251779 for sale by owner :fucker:
By beerys95lx
#251800 well if anyone has any advise or secerts about how to get a b seires to spin to insane RPM'S i like to know them because that what i want to do with it.
By forcefedEG
#252183 Go with toda in.the top end if you want rpms and the ability to make power there, but be prepaird to spend gobs of cash for there stuff, there one of the best.....

also are you going to drive this engine on.the street or track only?