B16, B18, B20
By {ikon}EM1
#251341 So my lsv is only about 2000miles old I bought it from a shop that rebuilt the motor... the motor is knocking like crazy... I checked the oil and its fine...

If u recall I got into an accident and had my car redone on the outside... my question is could have the shock of the accident may have unballenced my motor??? And could that cause this???

I need help I don't know what to do :(
By poorman type-r
#251361 Oil starvation = Spun rod bearing

Guess the shop doesn't know how to build motors.

:(
By Fada Blayne
#251380 I doubt the accident caused it. Wat compression are u running?
If possible upload a video
By Fada Blayne
#251382 Not trying to be nosy but just let us know the complete setup ur running. Internals,etc
By {ikon}EM1
#251542 Ill post a vid of it when I get home after work today... as far as set up is concerned its a factory rebuilt b18b1 block and a rebuilt b18c1 head... so its all stock parts with a type r oil pump...
By ghskid06
#251546 pull your oil pan and see what you see. You sure your oil pump is working properly?

Once hondas start knocking the crank is usually finished :thumbdown:
By {ikon}EM1
#252261 Ok so here's what's going on.. took it to the shop to see what we can do... the shop checked it out and said all the berings were shot... and its either rebuilding the motor again or put a jdm b20 bottom end...
By forcefedEG
#252265 If your lsv just has stock pistons id say get a b20, if it has si or type r pistons id rebuild what you have just my .02.....

A fried Had a stock jdm .b20v and turned it to 8500 all stock in The bottom (for almost 2 years) and it ran great, we later tore it down for a high comp. Build and it looked great inside
By {ikon}EM1
#252270 True...the lsv had stock internals...

they also said the b20 will have all stock bottom with my gsr head... it will be cheaper to do that then rebuild another block
By chrono404
#252272 if you get a B20 or ls bottom end, make sure its a newer then 1996 bottom end. all 96+ bottom ends have VTEC oilpumps in them. Just have to put in arp rod bolts, gsr timing belt and water pump and the bottom end is pretty much vtec ready. Of course Arp head bolts as well is highly recommended.

b20 Torque is awesome. I LOVE the torque of my b20. However if I was looking to build an engine I would recommend an 96+ ls bottom end due to the more availability of 81mm pistons and the extra 3mm of cylinder walls. Its an extra 33% that the b20's dont have. Once you put your engine together make sure to get a Re-tune by a good shop. :thumb:
By {ikon}EM1
#252277 Thanks for the heads up... ill make sure its a 96+ bottom...

and as far as the extra 33% goes for the ls bottom im not really looking for any changing of the pistons or anything of that nature im looking for reliability and longevity in this next motor...

Im done with putting together things that I don't need and having problems with them later... all im going to do when I get it back is retune it for the b20 and call it a day...

Stock is the best way for me right now...
By forcefedEG
#252294 All of the b20's that fit our cars are 96+ spec so no worrys there

If you do arp rod bolts you need to re-size and balance the rods as well

the only other b20's were the b20a wich came in about an 89 prelude si. They were junk and look like an h series