B16, B18, B20
By OmarG
#251096 This will only work B series Dizzy's to my knowledge. Correct me if I'm wrong!

Firstly, I have no pictures of my LS dizzy before I started the mod, only finished photos. Sorry guys! Long story short, I threw a CEL for my cylinder position sensor in my 2001 Type R, and my friend had a spare LS dizzy. I was just going to swap the sensor when he taught me a cool trick, that I'm now showing you guys. (If it's widely known, then disregard this post all together.)

The bottom two tabs on the LS dizzy will not line up properly when you try and bolt it up to your VTEC motor, so you have to get rid of them.

Tools needed:
Hacksaw
Optional tools:
Vise
die grinder with 120 grit sanding disk
240 grit
600 grit
3 micron (4000) grit diamond paper (over kill)

Step 1: Orient the LS dizzy in the vise, so that you can easily hack off the two bottom tabs.

Step 2: (Optional) Take a Die grinder with a pretty low grit disk, and grind off the rest of the tabs flush.

Step 3: (Optional-HEY! you've come this far! POLISH THE BITCH!) Progressively work your way to a higher grit of sandpaper, while working out deep scratches, and buffing out lumps from the grinder.

Step 4: PUT IT ON ALREADY! It's mounted by only using the single ear, on the top of the dizzy housing.

Now, is this the "proper" thing to do? Probably not. Will it work? Hell yeah. It's great when you're on a budget and you have a spare non-vtec distributor, or if you do a OBD2 swap, and you don't have the luxury of a jumper harness, or a OBD1 DOHC VTEC ECU.