B16, B18, B20
By foxgearshift
#250826 a freind of mine swaped B18c GSR into his EK4 SIR originaly had B16a after the swap engine idle fine and no check engine but when driving wont pass 6000rpm it just dies after 5800, he used the same b16a wiring n did not wire the secondary butterfly valve could it be the broplem??? oh and he is using b16a ecu
By That One Dude
#250841 First thing's first, get a P72 ECU. The .2L increase in displacement, lower redline, lower VTEC crossover, and IAB opening are not factored in for on the B16A ECU. Not to mention, the fuel and spark timing are different between the two engines.

Second, when he gets a P72 ECU, if the IAB isn't wired up, it will throw a CEL because the ECU can't control the IAB system and will automatically determine that the system is inoperable. I'm not sure if that will throw the engine into limp mode with the P72, but at least it will run very close to 100% properly up to 5800rpm (the point at which the IAB is fully open.
By foxgearshift
That One Dude wrote:First thing's first, get a P72 ECU. The .2L increase in displacement, lower redline, lower VTEC crossover, and IAB opening are not factored in for on the B16A ECU. Not to mention, the fuel and spark timing are different between the two engines.

Second, when he gets a P72 ECU, if the IAB isn't wired up, it will throw a CEL because the ECU can't control the IAB system and will automatically determine that the system is inoperable. I'm not sure if that will throw the engine into limp mode with the P72, but at least it will run very close to 100% properly up to 5800rpm (the point at which the IAB is fully open.

he already have the ecu but his car has obd2b harness n the ecu is obd2a he just orderd the converter we are waiting for it, so basicly it can be the IAB system, thx bro will try the converter and will wire the IAB and see if this solve the problem
By foxgearshift
#252243 ok so we checked the timing belt it was jumped a tooth!! fixed that now the car is running good, we are going to get obd1 chipped ecu propably p28 and the jumper obd2b-obd1 i need to get IAB vacume diagram and i need a help on how to wire it correctly
By Eg6H2D
foxgearshift wrote:ok so we checked the timing belt it was jumped a tooth!! fixed that now the car is running good, we are going to get obd1 chipped ecu propably p28 and the jumper obd2b-obd1 i need to get IAB vacume diagram and i need a help on how to wire it correctly

Get a skunk2 manifold and eliminate the IAB system completely. =]
By foxgearshift
EG6b20R wrote:
foxgearshift wrote:ok so we checked the timing belt it was jumped a tooth!! fixed that now the car is running good, we are going to get obd1 chipped ecu propably p28 and the jumper obd2b-obd1 i need to get IAB vacume diagram and i need a help on how to wire it correctly

Get a skunk2 manifold and eliminate the IAB system completely. =]

we want to keep it stock, the only reason we want chipped ecu is to get the speed limiter off, the stock jdm ecu cant go above 180kph
By faedzB18C
foxgearshift wrote:a freind of mine swaped B18c GSR into his EK4 SIR originaly had B16a after the swap engine idle fine and no check engine but when driving wont pass 6000rpm it just dies after 5800, he used the same b16a wiring n did not wire the secondary butterfly valve could it be the broplem??? oh and he is using b16a ecu

the engine 'die' after 5800 is not a problem from secondary buterfly.
i guess it couse from b16a ecu. b16a maping ecu is made for 1.6L and of course when it works on 1.8L engine, there is not enough fuel esp when vtec-on at 5800rpm. try check out the oem grounding cable (gearbox,silinder head, -ve batery & etc...)
By foxgearshift
faedzB18C wrote:
foxgearshift wrote:a freind of mine swaped B18c GSR into his EK4 SIR originaly had B16a after the swap engine idle fine and no check engine but when driving wont pass 6000rpm it just dies after 5800, he used the same b16a wiring n did not wire the secondary butterfly valve could it be the broplem??? oh and he is using b16a ecu

the engine 'die' after 5800 is not a problem from secondary buterfly.
i guess it couse from b16a ecu. b16a maping ecu is made for 1.6L and of course when it works on 1.8L engine, there is not enough fuel esp when vtec-on at 5800rpm. try check out the oem grounding cable (gearbox,silinder head, -ve batery & etc...)

we checked the timing belt it was jumped a tooth!! fixed that now the car is running good, we are going to get obd1 chipped ecu propably p28 and the jumper obd2b-obd1 i need to get IAB vacume diagram and i need a help on how to wire it correctly