B16, B18, B20
By 92dxeg
#247815 that is a alsome set up thats what i have. :thumb: but i have a b16 head with gsr cams, 3 angel vavle job. my block is 81.5 with 11,7,1 pistons, eagel rods, micro polshed gsr crank, and a b16 tranny its so much fun. it eats my cuzins stock gsr del sol with a type r tranny and cams deff worth it
By foxgearshift
92dxeg wrote:that is a alsome set up thats what i have. :thumb: but i have a b16 head with gsr cams, 3 angel vavle job. my block is 81.5 with 11,7,1 pistons, eagel rods, micro polshed gsr crank, and a b16 tranny its so much fun. it eats my cuzins stock gsr del sol with a type r tranny and cams deff worth it

is it worth it if am going to stay stock for both head and block, any power gain or loose?
By foxgearshift
#247819 i just want to get rid of the intake manifold so i got two options
1-get after market intake manifold (thinking of Blox). or
2-poor man's type R (stock usdm head and stock jdm block)

what is the best to do, i heard thad i can gain more power with head swap so what you think guys
By 92dxeg
#247892 i would get the b16 head put ur gsr cams in it and get a type r intake manifold that would be good
By forcefedEG
#247907 The poor man's r I have ran good when it was in my eg. It was a stock usdm gsr bottom end my b16 head was ported and polished with the valves re-surfaced. I had arp head studs and the dc type r replica header. And a chipped p28.... I used the gsr trans with a stage 2 clutch I out ran one boys full Honda built lsv another b20v and one boys dyno tunned z6 on like 10 psi lol. Def. Would recommend this setup in any form its very straightforward I would also recommend he gsr cams :thumb:
Last edited by forcefedEG on Sun Apr 03, 2011 1:48 am, edited 1 time in total.
By foxgearshift
forcefedEG wrote:The poor man's r I have ran good when it was in my eg. It was a stock usdm gsr bottom end my b16 head was ported and polished with the valves re-surfaced. I had arp head studs and the dc type r replica header. And a chipped p28.... I used the gsr trans with a stage 2 clutch I one boys full Honda built lsv another b20v and one boys dyno tunned z6 on like 10 psi lol. Def. Would recommend this setup in any form its very straightforward I would also recommend he gsr cams :thumb:

sound's like a winner to me, so i should replace the cams only n keep the other b16 head parts ? and is it ok if i use GSR ecu or i'll need to get chipped ecu?
this setup is for my freind's eg and he is a real poor man :( so i need to help him with lowerest cost as possible just to get him more power with stock parts
By forcefedEG
#247920 If you hook up the knock sensor the oem gsr ecu works perfect if you use the gsr cams (I actually ran the stock gsr ecu for most of the time I had mine in my car), and yes all you gota do is swap the cams and adjust the valves :thumb: the rest of the valve train components are the same..... I would recommend the head studs if there in your budget. But I used the stock b16 intake manifold and all. I loved mine it was a blast on the street