B16, B18, B20
By yea.buddy03
#247276 Hey guys, so im looking at buying this b16a block. Not really sure what to look for as far as condition and whats gonna need done after i buy it before i build it. The guy is asking $60 for it. Its been sitting in his garage for some time and doesnt know how many miles on it. Worth going to look at it? Whatcha guys think?

Image[/img]
By dbrooks
#247288 for $60, i would! if you have a friend or family member that knows anything about blocks, id bring them along.

just look very closely for cracks and random imperfections in it. id even bring a magnifying glass :thumb:
By JUICE
#247344 a bare B16 block is worth about it's weight in scrap... that's about it..

I've got one sitting in my basement.. if you didn't live far away i'd say you could have it
By forcefedEG
#247529 Eh I guess its worth that if it has the main caps and bolts, its an obd0 block wich won't hurt a thing.... but like juice said there not worth a lot more ban scrap price and there fairly common..... not counting the one in my turbo cat I have 2 more in my building....

Maybe try and get it for 50 lol
By yea.buddy03
#247709 Thanks guys but i passed on it. im gonna go with something with more to it, Since its gonna be a fresh build. I dont wanna have to get every single bolt and nut so i found a b16a outta first gen del sol complete bottom end itr pistons. For 200 Bucks. Doesnt sound like a bad deal so im gonna go look at it tomarrow.
By forcefedEG
#247923 That's not a bad price if there real type r pistons but make sure you check the numbers on the top of the piston they should have a number stamped in them, I believe p73 is the usdm type r but Idk about the other varations, but pr3 and p30 are stock b16 piston numbers just to beware :thumb: