B16, B18, B20
By 92dxeg
#246253 ok guys a have a 92 dx hatch with a gsr swap i think i have a fuell issue
ok my car rev a little high on a cold start then when it warms up it will idle smooth at 800-900rpm sometimes it sounds like it pops/missfire then goes to 300rpm then will stall. when i start it i have to rev it kinda to keep it from stalling then it will idle 900rpm. then it will do it again it takes but it takes a little bit. the car runs rich. how do ik if the fpr is bad or the fuel filter is bad. any insite would help. oh yea btw new plugs,wires, rebuilt dizzy and i hear my fuel pump so thats still good
By 92dxeg
#246258 nope no check engine at all
By 92dxeg
#246458 do u guys think this could be a fuel problem i am getting no cels. and it only does it when i leave it idle. i could drive down a hill and leave it in nutral and it will still happens. what do u think this could be??? :?
By suspendedHatch
#246566 Ironically enough, an engine running rich is usually not a fuel problem. The only common fuel problem outside of those caused by poor tuning and modifications are when your injectors go bad.

When there is some problem with the car, the ECU will go into limp mode to keep the engine running as best as it can. Dumping a lot of fuel helps to keep it running. The idea is for you to get off the freeway and to a repair station instead of stalling out and getting slammed in to. If you drive the car in limp mode for an extended time, you will cause damage to the piston rings, spark plugs, O2 sensor, cat converter, and if you get loud bangs in your muffler then you can count on replacing that as well.

Since you replaced the distributor I would start there. Replacements are often bad. Set the ignition timing as best you can considering it's not idling properly. Test the coil and ignitor with a voltmeter. Take the cap off and make sure the rotor screw isn't rolling around inside and the rotor hasn't done inexplicable things. I've had this happen!

Next I would check the idle system. There are 10s of thousands of threads on Honda idle.

Might be worthwhile to pop off the valve cover and make sure the timing belt is alright. TDC the motor and make sure it hasn't skipped a tooth.
By 92dxeg
#246608 i am leaning towards something in the dizzy also i did not drive it well it happen down the road from my house so i just took it home. and it was driving fine like it was not in limp mode. just before it stalled it would misfire once and then stall. so who knows let me know what u guys think
By 93blackcivic
#246612 Ok DA!

[list=]did you unbolt the fuel filter nut? If so fuel should come out and it aint the problem
aint is not a word! SO
When you turn on the ignition does the pump prime?
listen and you will hear it.
if so it could be the ignition part
check the fuze
then move on to check the dizzy
first get the coil checked at the zone for free
then check the cap for wear etc
check the plugs
did you flood it? if so get a fan and dry it out and change the plugs
Do all this and you should be good: assuming you made sure you did not jump timing and you are at TDC still and plugs are in the right place :hehe:
be sure to check for spark at all 4 first though

CHECK OUT GARAGE NINJA DUDE!
I AM AN ASS BUT I HOPE IT HELPS SO GL[/list]
By 92dxeg
#246658 ok i will let you guys no more tommrow
By 92dxeg
#247043 ok guys here is the update. and i have a question for u guys i had my car look at by the ppl who built my motor they cange the fuel injectors, regulator, dizzy was fine, did a comprtion and leakdown every thing checks out. and still does stalls but here is the kicker i have a nasty exhuast leak in the md pipe and dounut gasket buy the cat. like iam loosing back presure. and they said it could be staling do to the exhuast leaks have you guys ever herd of that ? i have high comprestion pistons in my block and they need back pressure is this possible? i have 11.7.1 ball park
By forcefedEG
#247049 I could possibly see that.... I mean if you have and extreme enough leak and your setup is finely tuned in between exhaust pulses from the engine running it could cause a pressure difference ? I mean its worth a shot to fix the leak , regardless if it don't fix the problem its a win, win if you fix it and it fixes the problem you've hit a home run if you fix it and it don't fix the problem .... well you fixed the leak and ruled it out.....
By 92dxeg
#247074 well i guess were going to see its getting fixed tommrow i am jw if any has herd of that happening cuz i am only chiped right now not dyno tuned. and it very well could be cuz my fuel system checks out,new plugs wires dizzy so its got be somthing stupid. i could also see it cuz my car is alot slower like a big diff so we will see
By 92dxeg
#247191 ok guys udate fix bolth exhuast leaks and guess what car still does it. now when i idle i missfires and cuz the rpms to drop a litlle then it will idle somemore smotth then it will missfire a few times and stall what could make a car miss mire and stall??????????
By forcefedEG
#247211 This may seem like a dumb question but what grade of gas are you running and if so what brand ? Jw.
By 92dxeg
#247230 i use 93 oct from the hess/sonoco thats buy my house
By suspendedHatch
#247381 Too late to tell you it's not the exhaust. You're not "losing back pressure" and back pressure is never something you need to be concerned about unless your cat is clogged or the pipe is smashed. Back pressure is an old school myth that just wont die.

What do you mean by "the dizzy was fine". Did you test the coil and ignitor with a voltmeter? Why are they replacing parts w/out diagnosing them? Why not just flush your money down the toilet?

You mentioned something about a "built" motor. Care to elaborate?