B16, B18, B20
By beerys95lx
#245890 does anyone whats the best b20 block and base to start with for a turbo DD,
and what cars do they come in and what i should run in this build?
By Eg6H2D
#245922 B20b1 96-98 CRV 8.8:1 CR
B20Z1 97-99 or 2000 CrV 9.0:1 More power

The thing Now adays is People using slighty higher then normal Compression rations and going turbo. instead of the usual 9.0:1 they will go 10.0:1.. Why i dont know it's new to me. Ive thought when you boost u go down on compression ratio due to you building boost pressure and allowing for more PSI?

I guess now they make more power with a bit higher compression with less boost.

So i say go with the 2nd Genration b20z
By beerys95lx
#245926 ya i was kind think that but i thought I'd ask.
i plan to try to drop compress with Wiseco piston and use a gsr head for vtec.
By beerys95lx
#246066 i've thought about that to
By Greasedmonkey
#246116 The B20z is 9.6:1 not 9:1.

I agree, get an LS if you are going boost.
By beerys95lx
#246158 well here the idea for my setup:
wiseco -18cc pistons
eagle h beams rods
type r oil pump
gates racing kevlar time belt
arp head stubs
super tech block guard
acl racing bearings
cometic head gasket
i also like to use a gsr head but don't know what cams i'll need if any.
i like to make about 350hp at the wheels. on around 10psi to 16psi of boost
i need it to kinda reliable because i'd to DD if. i'm should i'm missing something in here. so you like to sugest something i use use to build boost or just tell what your running because i'm new to boost and B seires engine so i know there be a learning curve to this
post anything that met help me with this please your help will be a big help to a newbie thanks
By beerys95lx
#246558 ya but do you thing it would run ok or would i onlt last a little will
By forcefedEG
#247069 A little while maybe.... but the wastegates and bov's suck on most all eBay turbo kits.... and as the old saying goes..... cheap now is expensive later..... if your looking for a good budget turbo kit check out treadstoneperformance.com. there piping kits are super nice its the one I got and I love it.... I pieced my kit together but I knew what I was aiming for and got each piece around that.... so do your research and shop around before you settle on anything
By beerys95lx
#247249 anwsome site man
does anyone know if i would have to run different cams or will the stock ones do ok
By forcefedEG
#247532 The obd1 95+ and newer ls cams are good for boost as long as they came from a head stamped p75..... for that matter I would only use the p75 head. The old pr4 heads and cams suck the cams may not be as different but the ports on the pr4 head suck..... I had a jdm b20 head that I ported and polished and ran the jdm b20 cams. That head casting was a p8r I think..... I still have it but I don't remember off the top of my head though... but My boosted ls loved it.... just get a good set of adjustable cam gears and they should serve you well, but a stock ls/ and or b20 is pretty boost friendly.