B16, B18, B20
By forcefedEG
#247534 But if you go vtec with the gsr head like u talked about the gsr cams are awesome for boost no need to upgrade there imo
By beerys95lx
#247751 ok well if u still have the head what would you want for it and do you have a b20 you could sell me
By forcefedEG
#247912 I don't know if I want to get rid of the b20 head or not....... but if your looking for a motor for a decent price and plan on going through it before you put it in try going to Google and type in tiger Japanese auto. They should come right up. You can get b20's for like 450 don't get me wrong you wouldn't have to go thru it but you never know exact mileage or how long they have been setting but check em out.
By beerys95lx
#248118 ok but i was thinking of using a gsr head so those cams would pry be fine right
By forcefedEG
#248121 If you use the gsr cams for boost they would work just fine :thumb: good set of adjustable cam gears is all you will need
By beerys95lx
#248174 ok anwsomeness so what kind of fuel system up grades are needed to run this sit up. in ether the ls or the b20 making around 450whp on 16 to 20 pounds of boost
BOOST THE BEAST!!!!!
Last edited by beerys95lx on Mon Apr 04, 2011 5:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
By beerys95lx
#248195 ok i was lookin at a Turbonetics t3/t4e is it a good turbo for the power i want to make and is it a small or medium sized turbo?
By forcefedEG
#248410 Have a walbro pump, precision 440's, a b&m pressure regulator, and a fuel pressure gauge, that's all I could really see as things I had to upgrade in the fuel system.

And there are so many variations on turbonetics turbo, there are many different trim sizes and there are actually many different formulas for mapping out what compressor side you need and determining the right trim size, there really is no one size fits all turbo... also for what its worth in choosing a turbo you want cfm over psi, basically the less boost you can run but still flow.the same amount of air the better off you are.....

For what its worth I have a t3t4 and its a .60 trim.... I like it for the street, my ls spooled it fairly quick, it lags some on the b16 some though....
By beerys95lx
#248483 that what i was thinking about getting that turbo so good
By Fada Blayne
EG6b20R wrote:The thing Now adays is People using slighty higher then normal Compression rations and going turbo. instead of the usual 9.0:1 they will go 10.0:1.. Why i dont know it's new to me.

The reason for this is so that there will be less boost lag and also more power being made n/a before the turbo spools.
By Eg6H2D
Fada Blayne wrote:
EG6b20R wrote:The thing Now adays is People using slighty higher then normal Compression rations and going turbo. instead of the usual 9.0:1 they will go 10.0:1.. Why i dont know it's new to me.

The reason for this is so that there will be less boost lag and also more power being made n/a before the turbo spools.

^^^ Hahahahah!!!
By 94EJ2
#249186 i think my buddy has a b20vtec for sale if your intersted i dont know if he still has it or what he wants for it i can ask him if you are interested
By beerys95lx
#249258 i am man ask him see what he wants for it
By 94EJ2
#249417 apparently he has to get it put the rest of the way together and running before he decides if he wants to sell it so i will let you know when i know
By beerys95lx
#249449 ok man and do you know what head his run on it and anything else u know abut it