B16, B18, B20
By poorman type-r
#245435 Time for a new head gasket. :thumb: lol
By chilango41
#245447 I already ordered the head gasket.
But do I just put the new headgasket on, add oil coolant and start it up again?

I dont add something to take the left over out? I drained the oild and coolant already.
By JUICE
#245457 pretty sure we have a good DIY on it

when you get it back together, use some cheap oil and do an oil change after your first start up
By chilango41
#245464 Yeah I used the DIY on the forum for the head gasket. Okay I will put some cheap oil, run it for a little bit and drain it. You think it would be a good idea to use some Sea Foam?
By Eg6H2D
chilango41 wrote:Yeah I used the DIY on the forum for the head gasket. Okay I will put some cheap oil, run it for a little bit and drain it. You think it would be a good idea to use some Sea Foam?

SeaFoam is mainly for the carbon build up. Just drain after start up for a few mins maybe 20 let it warm up. let it run . then drain and add ur new good oil..

:thumb:
By LaosToaster
#245784 when coolant is mixed in with the oil its not only because the head gasket went bad, u could possibly have a cracked head or block, or both, or even all three (gasket). inspect for cracked when ur taking off ur old gasket :thumb:
By Eg6H2D
chilango41 wrote:I hope its not cracked block or head :pray:

I will get it fixed on the weekend, re-torque and flushed :thumb:

Lets pray!!!! usually it doesnt happen unless heavily abused and high revving unbalanced. Is it a JDM b16 or USDM?

[smilie=director.gif]
By chilango41
#245920 Its JDM. Im pretty sure it's not. Because before I did the rebuild everything was working fine. I never really drove it after I put it together, beceause I wanted to get tuned first.
By Eg6H2D
chilango41 wrote:Its JDM. Im pretty sure it's not. Because before I did the rebuild everything was working fine. I never really drove it after I put it together, beceause I wanted to get tuned first.

So on your rebuild you used a new headgasket obviously.. and what studs? ARP or OEM?
By Eg6H2D
#245929 Did you get the torque values from ARP themselves?
By chilango41
#245931 Yeah I did I followed ARP's instructions. I think what happened was that there was coolant or oil at the bottom of the thread holes on the block. When I took the head off (for the second time) the studs where very loose.