B16, B18, B20
By Jnafronn
#244977 So i have a swapped gsr in a 93 hatch obd1! so i went to start it today and the motor cranks but it wont start i checked my fuel filter after 3-5 trys and my fuel line is dry also so could it be my ecu wire problem or my fuel pump..? is there any wat to test to see if the pump works correctly..? i dont wanna waste any money on a pump! any ideas....? :cry:
By ghskid06
#244985 You can check to ensure you fuel pump is working by having someone turn you key to the on position while you listen at your gas tank. Youll hear it prime if its working.

To do this have them crank the car over a couple times, then turn the key to the remove position. Then have them put it back on the on position. The fuel pump will only prime once per attemted start so if its already done so you wont hear anything.

If it isnt, make sure your relay is getting power at the appropriate time and that it is actually clicking on. If it doesnt have any power, it will be wiring. If it does but it isnt working, its your relay. If there is power all the way to your pump but you cant hear your it then it is your fuel pump.

If you hear you pump kick on however, then your prob clogged somewhere (or out of gas).

If your not sure, but youve checked the wiring that you seem to be concerned with and you decide to buy blindly (which i would not suggest) then replace the relay first as its much less expensive.

Hope that helps. Start in the order I described and work your way through the system.
By ghskid06
#245044 Good. Hope it makes sense i had just woken up when i wrote the response. Let us know how it goes. :thumb: