B16, B18, B20
By jrhdominos
#244885 Okay..just got my friends wrecked hatchback, which came with b18c1 in it...its been sitting for about a year now, or close to it. the motor was freshly rebuilt before he wrecked the car, but Im wondering if there is anything I should do differently when starting it up/driving it for the first time in a while. We are doing a full tune up..wires, plugs, cap, rotor, etc. We are putting all new fluids in it of course. Is there anything I'm missing???Ive driven his car and the motor ran great and pulled HARD, but after sitting for so long i just need to know if there is anything else needed to be done before driving it daily??
By Eg6H2D
#244951 run about 150miles on new oil. and then do another oil change. to keep it fresh... that's my personal opinion
By jrhdominos
#244956 I was thinking that too....breaking it in like a new motor??? Id do it like this....drive 100 miles then change the oil then drive 500 and change it ....th en drive 1000 and change it...then a 1000....then a 1000...then 3000..and after that you're good to change it every 3000.has anyone else beenn thru this?..? Just wanting to do it right and make the motor last.
By suspendedHatch
#245057 No reason for that. Just change the fluids and go.
By jrhdominos
#245086 COol thanks man