B16, B18, B20
By TNFBandit
suspendedHatch wrote:you have to reset the ECU and erase it's memory so it can relearn what TPS voltage represents zero throttle.

does this involve? just pullng the memory fuse? unplugging the ECU? or do i have to get it sent out and reflashed?
By Eg6H2D
TNFBandit wrote:
suspendedHatch wrote:you have to reset the ECU and erase it's memory so it can relearn what TPS voltage represents zero throttle.

does this involve? just pullng the memory fuse? unplugging the ECU? or do i have to get it sent out and reflashed?

are you running a stock ecu or is it chipped? Hondata s300??
By TNFBandit
EG6b20R wrote:
TNFBandit wrote:

are you running a stock ecu or is it chipped? Hondata s300??

stock. no chipped no hondata
By TNFBandit
#247488 ok so i got my FITV in today and put it on the car. started it up with fingers crossed and its just acting all weird. let it get to operating temperature, and once it got there not as weird but still not right.
so i shut it off and started it again w/ operating temp and as soon as i start it starts hunting between 1 and 2 g's and it will will keep doing that, so i hit the gas pedal and it will finally even itself out at 1500. hit the gas again and it will start hunting again but will settle out at 1500 again. i played with the throttle and got it down to 800-900 and it stayed there for about a good minute then it would go back to 1500. shut it off and start it again and it would start hunting again...and so on and so on. i was doing this for a good 45 minutes always with the same result.

and there is way too much unburnt fuel...my eyes are on fire

please help!
By ghskid06
TNFBandit wrote:ok so i got my FITV in today and put it on the car. started it up with fingers crossed and its just acting all weird. let it get to operating temperature, and once it got there not as weird but still not right.
so i shut it off and started it again w/ operating temp and as soon as i start it starts hunting between 1 and 2 g's and it will will keep doing that, so i hit the gas pedal and it will finally even itself out at 1500. hit the gas again and it will start hunting again but will settle out at 1500 again. i played with the throttle and got it down to 800-900 and it stayed there for about a good minute then it would go back to 1500. shut it off and start it again and it would start hunting again...and so on and so on. i was doing this for a good 45 minutes always with the same result.

please help!

dang man. Im sorry you havent figured this out yet. I assume you bled the coolant.

I dont have any new suggestions for you. I think youve pretty much done everything possible except check your ecu. I wish i had one i could send you just so you could check it out.

if i think of anything ill certainly get back on here and let you know.
By Eg6H2D
TNFBandit wrote:ok so i got my FITV in today and put it on the car. started it up with fingers crossed and its just acting all weird. let it get to operating temperature, and once it got there not as weird but still not right.

please help!

I hope the previous owner didnt end up slapping some peak and hold injectors???.. post up a pic of the engine bay as best you can and try to snap a clear shot of your injectors close up of one would be fine. It something very stupid i swear! something isnt plugged in or blocked!!!!!!
By TNFBandit
#247504 overall

injector #1

injector #2 & 3

injector #4

some more shots
By Eg6H2D
#247518 OK there is a mix in the manifold it's obd2 rocking obd1 parts. usually isnt a problem. but you never know... on that tab on the right of the intake manifold, put ur hand behind it and feel if a lil vaccum port or hole. also is there a throttle body gasket on right now between the TB and Intake manifold?

Did you say u had an IAT sensor?
By Eg6H2D
#247519 I have another feeling you dont have your Purge Solenoid valve dat on out D series motor attaches to that tab you see on your manifold. One long vaccumm hose runs from it to that Black/Charcoal Canister. and a shorter hose connects it to the back port on that manifold. Like in the pictures below.

on a d16z6.....

and it's the same concept on a b18b 97 Interga LS that i pulled up.

By Eg6H2D
#247520 If u have that port in the back plug it. see if the idle drops. i just pulled mines off on my hatch with the d16z6 and my idle shot up to 1500 and back down to 1000. put it back went to normal. now since u have that obd2 manifold i wouldnt rull out going on ebay and finding a 97+ integra TB used but good and clean. and the fuel smell im still guessing what it is. go look at the computer on the passenger side and give me the ECU number?
By ghskid06
#247571 The purge solinoid valve does not effect how the car runs. Its stricktly to remove fuel vapors.
By TNFBandit
EG6b20R wrote:OK there is a mix in the manifold it's obd2 rocking obd1 parts. usually isnt a problem. but you never know... on that tab on the right of the intake manifold, put ur hand behind it and feel if a lil vaccum port or hole. also is there a throttle body gasket on right now between the TB and Intake manifold?

Did you say u had an IAT sensor?

no open vacuum ports anywhere. yes there is a TB gasket. and yes i have an IAT sensor but right now its just hanging brhind the intake mani because i dont have a hole in the intake manifold for one
By TNFBandit
EG6b20R wrote:I have another feeling you dont have your Purge Solenoid valve dat on out D series motor attaches to that tab you see on your manifold. One long vaccumm hose runs from it to that Black/Charcoal Canister. and a shorter hose connects it to the back port on that manifold. Like in the pictures below.

and it's the same concept on a b18b 97 Interga LS that i pulled up.

no i dont have one the hose goes straight from the charcoal canister to the back of the intake mani
By TNFBandit
TNFBandit wrote:
suspendedHatch wrote:What ECU are you using? What's the part number on the side of it?

37820-P75-A01
830-149838 then there is a AW in the corner

By Eg6H2D
TNFBandit wrote:
TNFBandit wrote:
suspendedHatch wrote:What ECU are you using? What's the part number on the side of it?

37820-P75-A01
830-149838 then there is a AW in the corner

ok so you have the proper ECU.

what happened when with the car on you put ur finger over the lower hole in side the throttle body.. ?