B16, B18, B20
By TNFBandit
#243706 ok, so i fixed all the CEL's and was hoping that it would solve all my problems...it didn't

with that said, i start the car (B18B swapped) and it will rev up to like 3000 RPM's then after running for about 30 seconds it will die, i smell alot of unburnt fuel

anybody have this problem before?

i hope that someone can help me
Last edited by TNFBandit on Fri Apr 15, 2011 11:52 pm, edited 12 times in total.
By ghskid06
#243713 considering you bought the car already swapped its really hard to say.

with all the things that you have found missing already i would def check your vaccum and your wiring harness, since those two are easy to check. Just look at the plugs on the wheel well and make sure each side of each plug has all of the same wires.

If everything is ok there id make sure the ecu you got is functioning properly.
By TNFBandit
#243725 how do i check if the ECU is functioning properly?
By ghskid06
#243730 unfortunately the best way is to try plugging one in that is known to be working and see if that solves the problem.
By TNFBandit
#243834 here in lyes the problem...dont have on and dont know anyone that has one. i bought the one i have off of ebay, i guess in hopes that it will would work
By TNFBandit
#243853 ok so i adjusted the idle screw. got it to stay running, but it idles at 2g's for about 5 seconds then drops to 1500 and as soon as it does it goes right back up to 2g's for five seconds. it didnt die on me, i had it running for 5 min and it just kept doing this.

any ideas?

thanks
By ghskid06
Benj wrote:remove and clean your iacv (idle air control valve)

it could also be vacuum lines (if you never checked) or air in the coolant.
By TNFBandit
#243867 i took it off and i'm cleaning it, is there a way to remove the screen w/o damaging it?

vacuum lines look ok, and the coolant seems to be ok

does anybod have a pic of a b18b w/ where the vacuum lines hook up to so i can make sure they are hooked up properly?
By ghskid06
#243875 no dont take the screen off. Just carb cleaner and a soft brush if needed.
By TNFBandit
ghskid06 wrote:no dont take the screen off. Just carb cleaner and a soft brush if needed.

ok, cool...i didnt take it off just wondering if i could

thanks
By TNFBandit
#243899 alright i cleaned the IACV, replaced it, and now its idling at 3g's i can get it down to 2 and keep it there but when i try to get it lower it starts to choke out, and at 1500 it does choke out then it takes about 5 min before i can restart.

any suggestions?
By ghskid06
#243911 Image

Didnt see where you had asked earlier.
By TNFBandit
#244110 ok so this is how my vacuum is hooked up FPR just goes straight to the intake manifold, i dont have a IAB vacuum tank or an evap purge control solenoid valve

is this ok?

does anybody have the fuel pressure regulator part number...stock one?

thanks