B16, B18, B20
By TNFBandit
ghskid06 wrote:Have you checked your iacv to see if it was clogged? checked compression? has it had any motor work done recently?

yes pulled it off last weekend and cleaned it out, didnt look bad to begin with. have not checked compression. and no clue about motorwork, the car is as i bought it.
By ghskid06
#244861 well im not very familiar with your problem. Im guessing others arent either since not many have jumped in to try to help.

It could be a number of things. The three i named are the first ones i thought of after all the other stuff youve already run through.

It could be wiring, vacuum, your cpu, engine comression, problem with your valves, etc.

Could even be something in the gas.

Have you tried giving it a small amount of gas when it starts to die? Or does it cut off instantly? If you have tried how does it behave before it dies?

Considering its completely dying on you its less likely to be vacuum. Id start with checking your engine compression. Unless someone else has another idea.
By suspendedHatch
#244866 If it dumps enough fuel for long enough it will flood out and stall.

What happens when you unplug the IACV?

Does your throttle body have an FITV with coolant lines going to it? Is it the original throttle body?

Is your distributor cranked all the way to one side, or roughly in the middle?

Is your intake manifold missing the IAT (open hole) or any open vacuum ports?

Check if your intake manifold is cracked especially around the mounting plate to the head. And check if you have a bad gasket.

That pic was of a GSR and that's why you don't have the IAB inline with your FPR.
By TNFBandit
#244893 ok so i was working on it a little bit before i read this, and it went like this...i was able to get it finally down to 900 idle, messing with the throttle, but as soon as i touched the pedal it would just to either 3000, or 4000 RPM's. so checked the TPS and its all in specks.

got on here and saw the updates so i went back out there and started up my car...shot straight to either 4000 or 4500 RPM's (i unpluged the IACV a couple times just to make sure it did the same thing every time) and after i unpluged the IACV it would drop down to 1500 but it would be a very rough idle.
i took pics to make it easier to help identifly if everything is right
throttle body. not sure if its the original as i bought the car with it already swapped.

dizzy
it looks like it is in the right spot

i am missing the hole and was going to elongate the wires and run my IAT into my intake

and this is just an over all at my intake area. no open vacuum ports and i couldnt see any cracks anywhere and as far as i can tell the gasket looks good and doesnt look seperated anywhere
By ghskid06
TNFBandit wrote:Image

That upper hole just look blocked in the picture or is it blocked? Stick your finger of each to make sure they are sucking.

A cracked intake mani or a loose intake mani sounds pretty likely too. It would have the high idle i didnt think it would shut the car off though. (you would probably be able to hear a leak if you put a stock intake on).
By TNFBandit
ghskid06 wrote:That upper hole just look blocked in the picture or is it blocked? Stick your finger of each to make sure they are sucking.

A cracked intake mani or a loose intake mani sounds pretty likely too. It would have the high idle i didnt think it would shut the car off though. (you would probably be able to hear a leak if you put a stock intake on).

the throttle is not blocked, i just took it off a few weekends ago and cleaned it. intake mani isnt cracked or loose, but im going to check again today. and i dont have any sort of stock intake
By TNFBandit
#245013 checked the bolts and looked again for cracks...the bolts are tight and i still dont see any cracks
By TNFBandit
#245677 ok, so i've been sick and havent been able to work on the car...till today, my last sick day from work thought i would put it to use and work on my car.

so i ordered and replaced the IACV and it solved part of the problem, its not hunting anymore and it has chilled the idle down but it is still dumping too much fuel, and have to keep hitting the petal just to keep it running.

please anybody help, why am i getting too much fuel?
By suspendedHatch
#245684 Is that throttle cable too tight and holding the throttle plate partially open?

What RPM is it idling at now?

What ECU are you using? What's the part number on the side of it?

Besides visually checking for leaks, people often spray car cleaner around suspected areas as the spray will be sucked in a vacuum leak and affect the way the engine runs. Although if you really are running rich, it might not affect it.

Did the problem begin after you took off the throttle body? Did you spray water, chemicals, compressed air into the MAP sensor when cleaning it?
By TNFBandit
suspendedHatch wrote:Is that throttle cable too tight and holding the throttle plate partially open??

it was, then i backed it off

suspendedHatch wrote:What RPM is it idling at now?

i cant get it to stay running now since i backed down the throttle but before i did that it was about 2000

suspendedHatch wrote:What ECU are you using? What's the part number on the side of it?

37820-P75-A01
830-149838 then there is a AW in the corner

suspendedHatch wrote:Besides visually checking for leaks, people often spray car cleaner around suspected areas as the spray will be sucked in a vacuum leak and affect the way the engine runs. Although if you really are running rich, it might not affect it.

i would do this if i could get it to stay running

suspendedHatch wrote:Did the problem begin after you took off the throttle body? Did you spray water, chemicals, compressed air into the MAP sensor when cleaning it.

it was having this problem when i bought the car, part of the reason i took off the throttle to clean it. the only thing i used was carb cleaner and it might have been sprayed into the map...i cant remember i did it awhile ago
By TNFBandit
#245716 i went and bought a MAP sensor...didnt do anything.

adjusted the throttle cable to be able to keep it running and sprayed some carb cleaner and brake cleaner all around the intake and vacuum lines, didnt do anything to change where it was idling (2000 RPM) so i adjusted it back down as it was running and got it down to 1500 idling, so i tryed to get it down a little further and as soon as i did it cut off. as soon as it drops below 1000 RPM's it jsut chokes out.

is it possible for injectors to be stuck open? and not pulse like they are supposed to? and what is the voltage supposed to be at the injectors?

any help is much apprecieated, thanks
By Eg6H2D
#245720 Let me ask you. How do you know your gettin too much fuel??? because the idle stays up at 2000 RPM?? Heavy smell of gas??

Also after lokoing at your throttle body that's an obd 1 throttle body. looked at a 96 TB and it's identocal to an ITR with no Fast Idle Thermo Valve. If im not mistaken the 96-01 came with out that valve. They didnt need it and right now i actually have buttom hole in the TB plugged because after i installed my Skunk2 manifold it didnt want to drop under 2000 rpm. put my finger over that hole and BAM went to normal idle do i plugged and tapped over it.. no issue since..

. and here the part number to the 94-95 integra b18A FITV

16500-P28-305

Actuall more fuel being dumped in the engine is just going to burn Throttle, Idle air passages if are not normal will cause a high or Low idle! Ho to freaking honda and buy that new bottom piece of the trhottle body Fast Idle Valve...

what 96+ TB looks like compared to yours this is a 68MM Omni. very similar

Happened to My Z6 many months ago. replaced that and problem solved after replacing my IACV.

and then u have to set the throttle plate back to normal. Which is once u manually open the throttle with your hand you hit the Stopper ( when it wont go anymore) your cable should have no slack and at that same stop time, your pedal should be hittin the floor. you might need a buddy to help with that..

good luck let me know!! what happens :thumb:
By Eg6H2D
#245727 So that valve under the throttle keeps the throttle up from 1500 to 2000 on a cold start up to get the coolant warmed up. once the coolant warms up it gradually brings the idle down to normal 750-850 generally. if that valve is not funtioning properly it causes a stay up high idle around 2000 rpm kind of idle. if it's above that 2000rpm range. it's other things associated with it like mentioned above Vaccum leaks . cracked parts and what not. which makes sense since Cold it holds it up there anyways..
By TNFBandit
#245733 yeah the smell of fuel comming through the exhaust is burning the eyes...

ok, im set in my mind that i have to dump money into this car...so i might as well buy it and home that it helps out.

thanks for the info, im ordering it now and hope it gets here soon
By Eg6H2D
TNFBandit wrote:yeah the smell of fuel comming through the exhaust is burning the eyes...

ok, im set in my mind that i have to dump money into this car...so i might as well buy it and home that it helps out.

thanks for the info, im ordering it now and hope it gets here soon

:thumb: good. Honda = Money Pits.. always. But that should work. Like i mentioned extra fuel should not make idle go up... ull just have smoke out the exhaust. another thing to check is the injector seals. what you put in between the injector and manifold. those might be bad. with the car on spray carb cleaner over the injectors if you already havent done so. if the idle dips you found your problem!! :thumb: