B16, B18, B20
By MeanDXb18
#243461 Ok i got a 92 civic dx sedan. I bought this car ten years ago to go to college in and i still driving it today. The motor is on its last leg so time do a long over due swap. A guy i work with has a b18b1 and everything else i need to do the swap for $650. The only bad thing its been sitting for two years and he said it was smoking a little when he pulled the motor.my question is if i get this swap from him should i rebuild the whole motor or maybe just the top end or just drop it in? Im not looking to build a race car just a good dd with some desent power (anything would be better than what i had lol). And also what other mods should i do while i have the motor out? Thsnks for yalls help and opinons.
By country_civic
#243473 650 isnt a bad price for everything in my opinion . if it was smoking before it was pulled and has been sitting for 2 years id do a full rebuild . as far what other parts youd wanna put into it , it would all depend on what power numbers youd like to make . but just for a dd i'd leave the bottom end stock and just do alil up top , gasket match the ports header full exhaust intake manifold tb and maybe a mild port and polish and the head itself . but it all comes down to what power want how reliable and how much time and money you have to invest in the project
By MeanDXb18
#261441 I finally got my motor rebuilt and ready to go in now. Im pulling my old motor out this weekend and hopefully putting the b18 in also.

I do have a couple of questions:

#1- Will my obd1 ecu for the d15 work with the obd2 b18? I know that the b18 engine harness will just plug up to my shock tower just woundering if I have to get a obd1 ecu out of a obd1 teg?

#2- Can I use my civic motor mounts instead of using the teg mounts? cause there are a couple of mounts on the teg that are messed up. I know i have to use the "T"-bracket for sure but didnt know if my civic mounts where strong enough for the time being? If I cant use my civic ones can someone tell me a good place to buy some? Thanks.

#3- Can anybody give some pointers on what to do about the exhaust? I need a whole new exhaust system (header to muffler) but i dont have a whole lot of money to throw down on one right now may be like 200 bucks. I know not to much to work with but thats it for now. I looked at ebay but im just worried that its going to be crap and be real loud and annoying but could be wrong. let me know if anybody has one from ebay.

I may have some other questions once I get in there but thanks for who ever helps.
By MeanDXb18
#261489 Forgot to mention this motor came out of a 1998 Integra RS i belive and is going into a 92 civic dx sedan
By dbrooks
#261921 Here's a lot of the info you're asking about.

As far as Ebay exhausts, I wouldn't recommend it. They're just not good quality from what I hear. If you're looking for a new exhaust, I'd go to a junkyard or seach on Craigslist. If you can find a quality, used exhaust, you could probably get it for a steal! :thumb:
By MeanDXb18
#262386 Ok I got another problem. whats the best way to get my p/s hooked up? I have the teg p/s pump and the civic p/s hose. Another problem I got is my throtle cable is to short once i mount it up. Any suggestions? this is all i lack before finishing so any help would be awesome cause im really looking forward to getting this thing on the road.
By 94EJ2
#262402 tsudo exhaust sounds pretty good and you can get them for right around 200 for full catback i have one on my ls swap civic and i like the sound alot

you need a teg throttle cable

and i dont think you need power steering our cars are really easy to turn without it
By That One Dude
#262404 I think you need the throttle cable from an Integra RS/LS/GS/Type R to make this work properly. That't what we did on my buddy's EG when we swapped in his ITR engine the other day.
By MeanDXb18
#262749 Thanks guys for yalls input. I do have one more question. Which ecu do i need to use? My car is an obd1 (of course yall know that lol) the b18 is a obd2 out of a 98 teg. I have the obd2 ecu that came with the swap but i dont think it will work. What have yall used?
By That One Dude
#262750 You can use the OBD2 ECU, but you need a conversion harness to convert the plugs on the car side to be the same as the ones on the ECU. You will need to either get a distributor conversion harness, or an OBD1 LS distributor, a set of OBD1 injectors or reuse your D series (same flow rate of 240cc/min), an OBD1 alternator, and I think that's it. The ECU will look for thecrank position sensor and will throw a code, but I think it will still run. I'm not 100% sure as I've never had one go bad on my Integras.
By MeanDXb18
#262763 So its not true that i can just get an obd1 teg ecu and not have to get the conversion harness? Thats what ive heard from another source is that i could just get the obd1 ecu out of a older teg and plug it up to my cars harness and everything else should work without having to covert everything.
By Greasedmonkey
#262770 If you want to stay all obd1 and not use a conversion harnes, you will need to these parts from or for a obd1 B18b.

Alternator
Distributor
ECU
Injectors

This way you can use your stock engine harness and stay all obd1. There might be a few parts Im missing, but that is what I used. I have an obd2 motor in my car and run obd1.

As for the exhaust, you will not find a bolt on kit wih the swap. You will have to modify it to fit.