B16, B18, B20
By hmobeg
#241495 ok so driving around today in the civic i just bought my vtec crosses over at 6200 rpms i dont know any other b16a that are any higher then 5800 rpm cross over any help?? thanks
By hmobeg
#241566 i have no clue i did not get to look at that yet but i do have a pr3-j01 would it be safe to run that???
By hmobeg
#241865 its a p72 and i think its been chipped
By That One Dude
#241908 Definitely been chipped if the crossover is at 6200rpm. Stock P72 crossover is at 4400rpm.
By hmobeg
#241958 ok so how do i find out what maps and goodies this p72 has?? :?
By forcefedEG
#242427 [quote="JUICE"]^^ you get it re-tuned :lol:[/quot

Def re tune with out knowing for sure what it is...... 6200 is a rather high crossover point.... I've heard that valvetrain damage can caused by higher crossover points unless it was what the cams were intended for like a 3/4 race cam or something like that......... its never easy on the parts to work at nd engage that higher speeds like that
By JUICE
forcefedEG wrote:
JUICE wrote:^^ you get it re-tuned :lol:

Def re tune with out knowing for sure what it is...... 6200 is a rather high crossover point.... I've heard that valvetrain damage can caused by higher crossover points unless it was what the cams were intended for like a 3/4 race cam or something like that......... its never easy on the parts to work at nd engage that higher speeds like that

i've always heard LOWERING the crossover point was bad for STOCK valvetrains.. not saying raising it is any better/worse for it cause i really dont know, just usually seems people want that Vtak sooner and they end up causing problems
By hmobeg
#242473 ya im just swapping my pr3-j01 into it asap i dont even take it into vtec cause i dont like how high the crossover is so probelm solved :thumb:

hey anyone want to buy a chipped p72 lol!!! :lol:

or maybe i will open her up and see what i can see just incase there is a reason for it being that way but with the way it runs now its highly unlikely