B16, B18, B20
By LaosToaster
#237811 on an EG witha b16 engine and tranny with stock axles on decent street tires? i dont wanna snap anything, i wanna be on the safe side 8)
By OleFolk
#237815 I think 4k but im not positive
By Ajax1989
#237824 3500-4000
By LaosToaster
#237829 sweet thanks guys, havent had the chance to pound on my car yet lol
By mADmAN
#238926 My old ef b16a used to launch very nicely at 5.5k rpm with potenza re711. I also had a ys1 (4.4fd) lsd gearbox paired with an unknown, very stiff n very grippy clutch.

Back then i was very active in street drags for about a year..Did that at least a couple of times a week....nuttin snapped.

And it was also a daily driven car, though only at night.
By poorman type-r
#241135 Lol if you want to be careful and not break anything then don't do it at all haha. You have to be able to accept the fact that your axle might snap
By Eg6H2D
LaosToaster wrote:sweet thanks guys, havent had the chance to pound on my car yet lol

practice ur PRELOAD Method and you will help not to snap a thing. snap anything!!!! Preload is loading your clutch before you launch so there is some resistance when your launching holding the parking brake so it doesnt move. once you master that your all set and have serious sick launches..

basically all you do is bring the clutch pedal up to where about you feel the clutch grab but not move the car or move it slightly but your parking brake is preventing the car to move freely. u hold the clutch pedal there and bring the rom up to where u feel it lauches best, best lauch is not bogging or stalling feels like it just slides out from the take off and just goes. 4000-5000 play in btwn that and see what happens, the better tire you have the more the rpm so it grabs traction and goes..

again once you master that ur good to go. practice makes perfect..
By LaosToaster
#241563 Noob question; do y'all take off in second gear? I'm still the novice driver when it comes to manual. I always have a problem shifting into 1st from a stop, its either I almost stall or I spin the tires :( . I have to be extremely sentive with balancing clutch and gas pedal input to have a smooth take off, I can only accomplish that 50% of the time. I wonder if the previous seller had a 6 puck disc. :?
By Butterzz
LaosToaster wrote:Noob question; do y'all take off in second gear?

Your clutch will hate you if you do that FYI. I would get used to driving stick before learning to launch. Drive for a month or two and then practice at the track once you've got it down.
By LaosToaster
#241584 Yea I guess it just takes time to get used to it. I have to barely tap the gas from now on. I'm used to driving others cars usually stepping heavy on the gas(auto). I only get to drive my eg on the weekends though so that sucks.
By TrailerTrash
#241586 just throw some tools and a set of axles in the trunk and go find some backroads and see what works best for you
By poorman type-r
#244271 You're always going to spin coming off the line, launching just helps you get going faster with minimal loss of grip, unlike those ricer you see on the street that redline and take off only to find out they could've gone a farther distance faster if they just took off normally. Lol
By LaosToaster
#244486 me too. i feel like a ricer always spinning my tires