B16, B18, B20
By That One Dude
#143498 That's news to me...

Makes no sense that the ITR crank would be heavier than the GSR crank...

I've been proven wrong.
By Greasedmonkey
#143499 ^ yep. You can see it in those pictures. Its better balanced, and weighs more
By Ej2-B16a
#144956 ITR has more rotating mass, but that is done strictly to help HP.

in return you sacrafise torque.

this is why the LS motors have the most torque, they have the lightest crankshafts.
By Greasedmonkey
Ej2-B16a wrote:ITR has more rotating mass, but that is done strictly to help HP.

in return you sacrafise torque.

this is why the LS motors have the most torque, they have the lightest crankshafts.

Say what?

LS has more torque because of the longer stroke. Rotation mass hurts HP output. It doesnt help it. Heavier parts are harder to spin over and take more effort or HP to do so.
By 1updelsol
#177171 wow.. i just read this while thread..

i think ill keep my oll integra stock for now LOL
By Verocyn69
#201360 on another note i found out the the rod stroke itself on a ls is about 1.54 while the vtec motors is between 1.65 and 1.75 the low rod stroke at high rpms can oval out your cylinders and (in my case) cause bearings to spin (badly ill also add). so i dont know why this swap is so popular but id advise staying away from in casue my ls-v only lasted about 2 months of occasional hard driving (aka above 5k rpms) and about only 2100 miles before it was toast...and ive heard nothing but similar stories from other people as well...
By beerys95lx
#227649 great post this is very helpful to a nood thanks for the post
By Jewboy
#350440 would you recommend using hondata for ls/vtec?