F20, F22, F23
By eghatch21
#228546 i have an f22a and it was running fine till it got real cold then it started acting up. it souds like its missing alot and will barely stay running when i try o give it gas it just bogs down idk wat it is i tried to figure it out but its makin me mad so can someone help plz
By asianrob
#228569 check make sure your spark plug wires are fully in. check your plugs, and check your wires. and make sure all your connectors are all plugged in.
By Gustavo
asianrob wrote:check make sure your spark plug wires are fully in. check your plugs, and check your wires. and make sure all your connectors are all plugged in.

:thumb: ^^^
N the smallest cut/rip on a spark plug wire n if it's making contact wit metal will make the car feel sluggish.
By eghatch21
#228626 alright ill check that cuz thats exactly wat it feels like
By suspendedHatch
#228698 Also pop off your distributor cap. I've been confronted with some unusual surprises when looking for difficult to diagnose, intermittent problems.
By asianrob
suspendedHatch wrote:Also pop off your distributor cap. I've been confronted with some unusual surprises when looking for difficult to diagnose, intermittent problems.

x2 if the contact points look bad you can always get some sand paper and clean them up a little.
By eghatch21
#228774 alright cool i will do that thanks for the help appricate it
By eghatch21
#229248 ok so i changed the spark plugs and wires but still wont start is there a possiblity that the distributor went bad or the rotor button cuz i out all new stuff on just tryin to figure this out
By asianrob
#229376 its possible, coil or the ignitor might have went bad.
By eghatch21
#229390 alright ill check that out if not then ill be back for more questions thanks
By eghatch21
#230088 ok so i have spark with all my new pkugs and wires n it still wont start i was just wondering if it good be a fuel problem the filter or fuel pump
By boosted94
#241793 have you at anypoint checked your air filter? mbcolpitts bought a eg one winter, guy was selling cheap; said it had no power left, would no longer make it to vtec and one day just wouldnt start. i showed up cranked for 2 minutes and proceded to pull off his air filter, car started and all his problems were gone. turned out he pushed the filter on to far and then it got some rain in it and froze. thats just my 4 cents. also open the bleeder on top of the filter and turn your key on, feul should shoot out of there. listen for your feul pump even a new one will make noise but an excess of noice will tell you its going bad. keep it simple dont just start dumping money into it until you know whats causing your problem.