F20, F22, F23
By boosted94
#202197 Seen as we now have an F series section i thought i may aswell start posting my swap pictures, and explain some of the headaches along the way.

It all started one sunny after noon when a buddy of mine Revinek's rad blew, so off we went to a local junkyard to grab a replacement till his new one arrived. turns out the only honda there was an accord, however she was no regular accord, weilding a dohc non vtec 2.2, stickers, tein springs, 421 header and a few other items seperating it from the rest. since then have done some reading, stripped the accord and began hanging this tough as nails F into my eg (found the previous build on the acccord, motor had 75k on it when the car was repoed :) )

Sorry kids, thought i had more on my comp guess not. will be at the shop tomorrow be sure to take a bunch, and not with a cellphone this time :)
By Sabes
#206116 bump
to the op i am interested in your build. Alittle more detail. I stopped by the junkyard today and there was a plethora of f22b2's(sohc non vtec) and a f22b1(vtec sohc)
By boosted94
#253727 Well it has been a while, in that time the project has not come much father.
However i will share the details for the build.

ENGINE:
Hung the F on a set of H mounts, sort of, the drivers side was the only one left unmodified, completly rebuilt the trans mount to run the f tranny (to cheap to buy a h tranny) due to this i also had to extend the rear mount. however it is in and the axels fit without issue.

also fabricated a turbo manifold for my t3/t4 using the h22 header that came with the engine.

From my readings, ive discovered this engine to have been ran between 15 and 20 psi unbuilt with zero problems. others with severe problems(its all in the tune) i had chosen to go with the low end of the mess with 15 psi.

a good friend of mine constructed a completly tucked engine harness and re-routed my fuse panel into my glove box. i have no doubts that she will start just fine, n/a start up test to come shortly, after i finish my rear brake swap and suspension install.

- F22B
- F series tranny
- t3/t4 turbo
- 38mm tial sport W/G
- Large FMIC
- custom turbo header
- walbro 255 fuel pump
- 2.5 to 3 side exit exhaust
- 9.5lbs 3piece flywheel with spec stage 3 6puck clutch

SUSPENSION:

- 99/00 rear trailing arms w/ brake swap
- tein s.tech springs
- koni special D (red) shocks
- Skunk 2 front upper control arms
By familyEGuy23
#255184 Bump I'm also interested in this I've been thinking of dropping the f22b in my lude to my civic but I hear alot of this and that I wouldn't want to mess up it will be my DD
By TgEG
#266191 Bump
By boosted94
#270799 hey guys, havent been on in a long time (over 10,000 post ago)

New job, bought a house, moneys been on the low, hatchies been on the back burner. how ever things are settling down should get some time on the wrenches this month.

Updates:

turbo = off , too much money and just want to get this thing done.
placing a 1200$ order with BWR for the last bit of suspension i need. ( and some other neat stuff i just want.

i will try to document and post my work as it progresses. i usually forget about it until its too late lol.
By 1ACarlos
#298089 Nice