F20, F22, F23
By redciv1
#190054 So this weekend I helped a friend replace the tranny in his 00 Accord EX 4cyl. I got to reading up about that engine and it is really a respectable engine. I think the specs are:

Bore × Stroke: 86.0 × 97.0 mm
Displacement: 2254 cc
Valve Configuration: SOHC, 16 valves, VTEC
Compression ratio: 9.3:1
Max power: 150 hp (112 kW) @ 5700 rpm
Max torque: 152 ft·lbf (205 N m) @ 4900 rpm

For the price, this is really good performance. It's more power and torque than a B18/LS swap. 10hp less than B16 swap but way more torque than any B series swap. Considering the price of the engines and the abundance, this is a real bang for the buck. Torque is only 9 less than H22. My only concern was the engine being OBD2 and our EJ's being OBD1. I thought about a p28 chipped to run this engine. Let me get some opinions. I like this swap.
By redciv1
#190141 Yeah, I thought about a light 5-8 lb. boost on that motor. I just think for the price and performance, it just can't be beat.
By chrono404
redciv1 wrote:Yeah, I thought about a light 5-8 lb. boost on that motor. I just think for the price and performance, it just can't be beat.

A lightened flywheel will kill your torque, Which is what these Engines really have going for them.

Lighter Flywheel = Lower Rotating Mass = Less Torque = Less Pull
By dankspeed
chrono404 wrote:
redciv1 wrote:Yeah, I thought about a light 5-8 lb. boost on that motor. I just think for the price and performance, it just can't be beat.

A lightened flywheel will kill your torque, Which is what these Engines really have going for them.

Lighter Flywheel = Lower Rotating Mass = Less Torque = Less Pull

He's talking about 5-8 lbs "turbo boost" not a lightened fly wheel.
By Torch_Ind
#207834 you could prob push 10-12psi without to much problems just make sure your tune is good
By lunaticracer21
#292775 is the mounting the same as an f22.....what mount brackets do you use to drop that in I would love to drop in a f23 in my eg....right now I have an f22 in it
By chrono404
#293868 I know its late but the f23 out the 98-01 accord will bolt right you to your current transmission and go into the same H/F Series mounts you already have.

The F Series are an awesome engine. a few were rated the engine of the year back in the 90's. Tons of torque, fuel efficient in a civic, Iron sleeves for lots of boost power if you want. Its also easy to swap a h22a DOHC VTEC head on for easy n/a power if you want.

the big downside are transmission related. If you make any decent power on it you have to build the transmission with stronger gears and carbon synchros. The shift linkage is cable based and even with stronger bushings doesn't shift as well as a D or B Series.

The way the mounts sit the engine there is more weight infront of the strut bars so it adversely effects handling. it can be somewhat corrected with rear sway bars but something to deffentally note.
By lunaticracer21
#294328 what about the manifold witch one should i use f22 or f23 and what driver side mount witch one can i use f22a6 or f23.....

thanks for the help :thumb: