F20, F22, F23
By Eg6H2D
chrono404 wrote:K20 Heads and Intake Manifolds will NOT Work on an H/F Block.

For one K Series uses Timing Chains, H/F's use Timing Belts.

for a "G23" you need a F series bottom end, K Series pistons and H series head. Just like for a "poor mans type-r" you need a B18c(GSR) Bottom end and a b16 head. If you use a GSR head its not a poor mans type-r, if you use a ls/b20 bottom its not a poor mans type-r.

If you build a F23 block up and use non-k pistons, then slap on an H22 head you have a F23 Hybrid. Not a "G23"

They have been around a lot longer then the so Called "G22" and "g23" Names.

Hmm The RBC intake manifold work on a h22/23 head now using a QSD adapter. But as tested. the Euro R manifold is slightly better utilizing more TQ in the lower end of the RPM..

:thumb:
By OleFolk
#234427 I have two questions about this G23

If the F23 block is decently similar to K's, would you be able to use a K20 trans?

Also wouldn't it be more realistic to use the jdm H23a head?
By OleFolk
#234431 Kinda looked it up because I was wondering
Why not even use the F20B Dohc Vtec head?
It seems to be H22a>H23a>F20b
By OleFolk
#250038 Why couldnt you use a k series 6-speed on an f23 block
Why dont people use H23 heads instead of the H22 head
Why doesnt someone slap that F23 block in an S2k or F20C trans
And Why dont they use K23A1 pistons.....

Im sorry for flooding
By chrono404
OleFolk wrote:Why couldnt you use a k series 6-speed on an f23 block
Why dont people use H23 heads instead of the H22 head
Why doesnt someone slap that F23 block in an S2k or F20C trans
And Why dont they use K23A1 pistons.....

Im sorry for flooding

- The F23 Will accept K20 Pistons, to my knowledge its the only F/H Block that will do it on stock clyinder walls. However the block is nothing like a K Series.

- The H23 head is non-vtec. The H23 Blue top DOHC VTEC head is basically a JDM H22 head and is quite rare.

- The only simularaity in the F22/F23 block(accord base) to the F22C(S2k) is the Naming scheme. The F20C(s2k) and F22C(s2k) are built more like a K Series then the F/H Series. I.E. Timing chains vs timing belts, different bore/stroke sizes.

- there are no current existing adapter plates to put an accord h/f into a s2000. The blocks are totally different and will not bolt up to the s2000 transmission. EVEN if there was a kit to do so it would not be a legal swap in the United States as you cant put an older engine into a newer car.

OleFolk wrote:I have two questions about this G23

If the F23 block is decently similar to K's, would you be able to use a K20 trans?

Also wouldn't it be more realistic to use the jdm H23a head?

- All F/H's Including the F20c(s2k) and F22c(s2k) spin the opposite direction of a K20/K24. So no you can't use a K Series tranny on one.

- As mentioned above the JDM H23a dohc vtec is a rare head and has stock h22a cams in it. If you look on honda-tech there is a thread discousing all about the h23 blue top. They thought it had type-s or euro-r cams however it turned out to be stock h22a cams. You might as well just get a H22a Dohc vtec head and save some money. The F20B Head is also a H22a Dohc VTEC head as well. Most people refer to it as a H22a head despite which engine it came from as they are all the same head.
By OleFolk
#250680 Thats amazing
Thank you chrono I appreciate it