Proud to represent their Hondas to the world
By rrait
#319854 HI all!

due to my problem with having legal K20a swap, i would like to know whats the difference between Ballade and Civic? I dont need to know the interior, but chassis part.

Can you tell me how different they are?
I tried to find the difference in the internet but could not.

Civic service manual works on ballade?

U have serial number instead of VIN? so you cant give me VIN code so i could prove that 1.8 ballade exists and its basically 1:1 to civic?

Hoping to hear positive news!
Thanks.
By gtstripes
#319865 ballade is just the south african version of civic, pretty much a renamed car

should be exacly the same (could be wrong though!)

but yeah from what i gathered its just a civic :)

hope that helps
By rrait
#319877 wrote to south africa, honda dealership or womething like that. They could not help.
By K!RK_180i
#320027 ballade is exactly the same as civic just different branding...in our country the civic is the hatchback and ballade's are 4door :thumb:
By rrait
K!RK_180i wrote:ballade is exactly the same as civic just different branding...in our country the civic is the hatchback and ballade's are 4door :thumb:

And are the civic hatchback-s also with 1.8 stock engine?
By K!RK_180i
rrait wrote:
K!RK_180i wrote:ballade is exactly the same as civic just different branding...in our country the civic is the hatchback and ballade's are 4door :thumb:

And are the civic hatchback-s also with 1.8 stock engine?

Unfortunately in our country the EG shape only came in sedans 1.5 sohc. 1.6i sohc, 1.6 Dohc and 1.8 Dohc we never got the hatches or coupes, only in the EK shape we got sedan and hatch, but not the coupe