J30, J32, J35 & J37
By Joplies
#109363 Alright so i was reading Hondatunning magazine and they demonstrated and discussed the "next" thing. J series swaps eg. a v6 TL J-series, off my head i cant recall the specific name. But whats everyone input on doing a swap of one of those into an EG?

They dont have to be TL engines obviously, another they used as an example was a Honda Odyssey.

We're talkin 286 hp if you grab the Type-S engine
or 270 (258 if you get the revised engine) with a LSD 6speed.
If i am wrong or miss informed please correct me haha,
just another EG owner talkin to others....
By DontHateonEG8
#109372 dood, i was reading that and i released my bowels with a speed of light. I really want to do that and i already found a 3.0 v6 from honda for 700 bucks! just imagine boosting that bitch! that would be cheaper and better than any of those "type-r" and "k-series" swaps. plus the shop in honda tuning was located near phoenix, bout an hour away from me.

the only problem would be the hood, since the engine sticks out.
By zeppelin101
DontHateonEG8 wrote:dood, i was reading that and i released my bowels with a speed of light. I really want to do that and i already found a 3.0 v6 from honda for 700 bucks! just imagine boosting that bitch! that would be cheaper and better than any of those "type-r" and "k-series" swaps. plus the shop in honda tuning was located near phoenix, bout an hour away from me.

the only problem would be the hood, since the engine sticks out.

Better how?

Better at ruining the weight distribution?

It's quite a lot heavier than a D series and is also very wide, it would be aweful if you wanted to do any sort of driving that required a nimble car, cos nimble it aint gonna be.

If you're a drag monkey I'm sure it would be just fine as you're gonna want more weight out front anyway for some tractionz but autox and track?

I'd have rather have a boosted D / B / K series anyday.
By red92hatchback
#109423 i agree ok for the strip but thats about it. would be a fun weekend car tho lol :twisted:
By Joplies
#109457 Yeah i didnt exactly know how to feel about it just yet, my first thought was, EF lots-o-power. but then after thinking about it i relized that damn thats alotta weight!
Im in much agreance about the whole no autox or drivin fast on some backass mountain we all do. Deffenitly a drag car. I hope someone here will do one. If i get the room soon ill check into being able to do it but it might be a while hahaha.
Thanks for the pic teal-dx : )
By VegasCivic
#109464 If you want to do it get it done now, before they become super popular and extremly expensive to do. (k-series cough)
By Joplies
#109499 dang...idk if its too worth it.
By DontHateonEG8
#109502 it does weight more, but in honda tuning - the shop that installed the engine also put in eibach suspension that weighted less, thus the front end had much smaller difference in weight between the old d and the new j swap (<50 i think) ill check it out later on.

i guess turbo would not be a good idea since its compression is 10:1, but having 260 some horses on a swap, without adding anything besides a CAI, comon thats hella good.
By JUICE
#109516 i've seen an odyssey roll a 16.0 with that engine... that would make a EG rip. especially after some bolt-ons. my cousin has an odyssey with it but you cant hear vtec "pop". not sure when it even kicks in. someone do it!!!
By blockustomz
#109524 i like this swap but no hood ftl!!!! :thumbdown:
By ohDirka
blockustomz wrote:i like this swap but no hood ftl!!!! :thumbdown:

x2 Hoods will be on their way soon. I think a stock hood with a little more cowl on it will work
By Red Rocket eg6
#109604 ok ppl its funny this post is up my and a friend were just talkin about this last night lol.

there a video on youtube someone took a TL 3.0 custom made motor mounts for a eg6 and fit it wit the stock hood closed and lookin flush then took it for a test drive and it was FAST i wanted it so bad till i heard how much it weighted ur gonna need i big brake kit in front and stiffer spring in front if u want it to drive right overall that motor nice but i think if ur buildin for the drag track this is the motor to go wit :thumb:

and yes get one now cuz next think u know wen everone starts doin it the price will be so so much for this set up
By GoRide