J30, J32, J35 & J37
By DontHateonEG8
#110006 im sorry but i must say again - J-SWAPS FT(motherfucking)W!!!!!
By Coplies
#147791 I was really thinking about a J32 in my eg8 because I could get the entire motor, wiring and everything from a 3.2 TL for like $400. Which is a lot cheaper than i could get a k20, which is what i really want, but its not like its bolt in. Not to mention the fact that is is heavier and wont fit very well at all.
By x-racer
#153275 i think a j series would be pretty cheap.
a k series swap cost like 4-5 k.
a j series runs like 3-4 k with everything to put in.
thats including the the 6 speed lsd tranny.
the j35a off the oddyssey make 255 hp and the reason the other guy doesnt feel the vtec kick in cause of the spacer thats in the manifold.its ment to lower down the torque curve.
and i think the j35a comes already with type s heads and manifold not sure.
but i think its the ultimate bang for your buck. :x :x
By Fortitude
#153538 Here's a couple of photos from my pal's J-Series Swap. They're strong but if you're into any kind of road racing/autocross.....this swap isn't for you. Turning = :thumbdown:
By Hondagy
#157070 I have swapped a J35A4 (03 Pilot) with a 03 Accord 6sp manual trans into my 1992 Civic CX hatch. I still have the stock springs in the front (the new drive train dropped the front end about 1 inch). I put lowering springs in the rear and the car sits level. With the current setup, I have traction issues in the first 3 gears. When v-tec cuts in , it's a moment and the shift light is on in the tach. The feeling is beyond compare. I've seen videos on youtube of a boosted civic that was impressive. For a bone stock 3.5, this car gets up and goes.
I won't argue that the handling is compomised. It's not as nimble as with a 4cyl, and don't grab a hand full of throttle while in a corner, cause it won't be pretty.
Cheap the swap wasn't. I can't even compare it to anything else for cost. I was lucky and had a 6spd manual that needed $250.00 repairs.
The part I don't like (Still) is the hood clearance issue. I fabbed a fibreglass cover. I'm getting used to the looks, but yeah, that's the part I wish wasn't an issue.

http://gekehler.shawwebspace.ca/
By Carfanatic
#157127 i hate J swaps.... :x
By chrono404
Carfanatic wrote:i hate J swaps.... :x

They are good for Drag Runs, but kill your handling. I can you can compensate with bigger swaybars but even then.

J Series is good for Street Drag. And kinda the new path to go down.

I like my handling to much to go for one now.

I will go for my LS/Vtec for now. And wait for hondas A-VTEC engines to roll out of the factory before swapping to a new series.
By BLaCkSiLo
chrono404 wrote:
Carfanatic wrote:i hate J swaps.... :x

They are good for Drag Runs, but kill your handling. I can you can compensate with bigger swaybars but even then.

J Series is good for Street Drag. And kinda the new path to go down.

I like my handling to much to go for one now.

I will go for my LS/Vtec for now. And wait for hondas A-VTEC engines to roll out of the factory before swapping to a new series.

what is this A-VTEC? and i would dig an LS/VTEC swap :thumb:

with the J series, you can't handle and you can't see over your hood... it would be a monster tho!
By JUICE
#160324 Advanced Vtec

It combines continuously variable valve lift and timing control with continuously variable phase control.
By 3kkl3sia
BLaCkSiLo wrote:
what is this A-VTEC? and i would dig an LS/VTEC swap :thumb:

with the J series, you can't handle and you can't see over your hood... it would be a monster tho!

Honda has announced it’s next generation VTEC engine, the Advanced VTEC engine (AVTEC) which will make it’s debut in a production car within the next three years. Honda’s new Advanced VTEC (AVTEC) engine combines continuously variable valve lift and timing control with the continuously variable phase control of valve timing to achieve a good combination of better performance, fuel economy, and lower emissions. This is an improvement over the i-VTEC system which has preset changeover settings in valve lift – the new AVTEC system can adjust the valve lift continuously. There is also a variable-length intake manifold to improve intake airflow.

The Advanced VTEC (AVTEC) system allows optimum control over intake valve lift and phase in response to driving conditions for a significant increase in torque across the engine rev range. Under low and medium loads, the valves are set to have low lift and early closure – this reduces pumping losses and subsequently improves fuel economy.

The new AVTEC system will allow for a 13% improvement in fuel economy over the current i-VTEC range of engines. The 13% figure was obtained comparing the current K24A 2.4 liter i-VTEC engine with a new 2.4 liter AVTEC equivalent. Emissions are compliant with US LEV2-ULEV standards and Japanese Low-Emission Vehicles standards with levels 75% lower than 2005 standards.

http://paultan.org/2006/09/26/honda-ann ... ine-avtec/
By knuckles-ej1
#205143 "with the J series, you can't handle and you can't see over your hood..would be a monster tho!"

actually j swaps braking weight transfer is about 63/47 compared to 60/40 for MOST fwd and hasport makes a mount that allows the j swap to fit in the bay with no hood fab.
By asianrob
#205144 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p64BZVk3Fus

so far this is the only v6 civic i seen that has a stock hood that hasnt been cut and this one has been out for ages...
By jayEGR
#205147 thats shit sounds sick as fuk :thumb:
By EG_Ryder
#209840 Hasport makes mount now where you can either have it comming out of the hood or you can flip the mounts over and your hood will be flush, but the motor will hang down a bit(which shouldnt be a problem with stock height)