J30, J32, J35 & J37
By hatchin06
#102125 Im gunna take my gf engine now :lol:
By smokinsoljah420
#102132 siiick! :twisted:
By bceg
#102156 damm that sounds wicked....
By chrono404
#102169 I plan on doing this to my Coupe, Getting one locally isn't going that well. Paying the price of the engine again for shipping isn't cool.

J32 Type-S Is an awesome engine. Especially when fitted into our light Civics.

I have been looking into this alot, I have not scene this swapped into a Hatch yet. However if it fits into a Coupe, it will fit into a hatch.
By hondajunkee
#102170 The only thing that I don't really like about it is that most of the ones I see they don't have hoods or they have huge cut outs where the motor sticks out. Only way that I would do it is if I could get the hood to close normal so it looked all stock
By chrono404
hondajunkee wrote:The only thing that I don't really like about it is that most of the ones I see they don't have hoods or they have huge cut outs where the motor sticks out. Only way that I would do it is if I could get the hood to close normal so it looked all stock

You can get it to fit with spacers on the back. Or so I have read.
By chrono404
#102175 I wish I could find deals like that here. Found a complete 00 Accord v6 for 1200 while back, :roll: Still looking on craigslist all the time hoping to get lucky

I Dont know how well the 3.5 fits into the EGs. Never read into that.
By hondajunkee
chrono404 wrote:I wish I could find deals like that here. Found a complete 00 Accord v6 for 1200 while back, :roll: Still looking on craigslist all the time hoping to get lucky

I Dont know how well the 3.5 fits into the EGs. Never read into that.

me neither, I just want a 5 cyl car haha, plus those TL's are pretty quick at least the ones I've been in were
By Heatherly
#102179 Holy crap I'm in love, I think that might be what I am going to do.
That's freaking intense!!
By hondajunkee
Heatherly wrote:Holy crap I'm in love, I think that might be what I am going to do.

ok well when you do that I'll take your old motor lol, Ill bring ya some wheels when I come to pick it up hahaha :lol:
By Heatherly
hondajunkee wrote:
Heatherly wrote:Holy crap I'm in love, I think that might be what I am going to do.

ok well when you do that I'll take your old motor lol, Ill bring ya some wheels when I come to pick it up hahaha :lol:

Haha okay, that I can live with... I'll prolly have SI's by then but I can sell wheels for more than my motor hahaha. && if that's the only way I can get you out here then well, I gotta do what I gotta do.
By JDM-Z6
#102206 well i think if they can fit it in a ej you could make it happen for a eg but i got to look in to it some more... but i well get this swap soon
By mage182
#102248 Finding the engines is the easy part. They range from 3.0L to 3.7L. The difficult part is getting a manual tranny. The statistic I read is that only something like 8% of cars that came with a J engine were manual. You can pick up a long block from 200-1000 USD depending on which model you get. But the prices I've see for the tranny, manual wiring harness, and shift linkage is 2000+ since they are rare. For now I haven't seen anyone that has been able to get the Manual ECU to work correctly so everyone is using the auto ECU. I'm sure this will change in the next 6-12 months once Hondata gets involved. The whole setup fits nicely into the EG engine bay without any cutting other than new mounts. And it can work with a stock hood as long as you can fab up some sort of bubble in the right place to allow for the height difference.

My concern would be the weight difference. You'll need special suspension and huge brakes in the front to handle this much power/torque and weight.