J30, J32, J35 & J37
By JDM-Z6
#102315 yea I figured that you need some special suspension and huge brakes in the front to handle this much power/torque and weight. But my question is which one. My boy had that same problem about the ecu but it works fine with auto one
By chrono404
JDM-Z6 wrote:yea I figured that you need some special suspension and huge brakes in the front to handle this much power/torque and weight. But my question is which one. My boy had that same problem about the ecu but it works fine with auto one

If you have good lowering springs/coils and struts you should be okay. The Coue EX ABS Brakes should do the job just fine. Only downside is I dont think the v6 will fit in the Engine bay with the ABS Equipment there. Infact I am pretty sure it wont . :-?
By CivicTypeR
#102413 All that for a FWD car... Still dosn't make up for the fact it looks like rice shit.
By boos-tit
#103139 my shop is actually doing two v6 swaps right now. one in an eg hatch and one in an ek hatch. the ek is actually a full jdm ctr conversion with the 3.5 vtec odessey motor
By JDM-Z6
boos-tit wrote:my shop is actually doing two v6 swaps right now. one in an eg hatch and one in an ek hatch. the ek is actually a full jdm ctr conversion with the 3.5 vtec odessey motor

damn that's sweet i cant wait to this happen to my EG Hatch... question what type of mounts are they are using to drop that engine in
By boos-tit
JDM-Z6 wrote:
boos-tit wrote:my shop is actually doing two v6 swaps right now. one in an eg hatch and one in an ek hatch. the ek is actually a full jdm ctr conversion with the 3.5 vtec odessey motor

damn that's sweet i cant wait to this happen to my EG Hatch... question what type of mounts are they are using to drop that engine in

were sponsored by hasport and were using modded hasport mounts.
By scorchio69
#106638 Hi guys from the other side of the atlantic, the whole point about eg hatches is to keep them light and handle very well with good suspension, now slotting in one of these heavy V6 lumps to me is pointless if you want your car to handle really well, it has been done over and over here in the uk but with vauxhall corsa,s and vw polo,s getting v6 engines fitted, but you show any of these cars our awesome highland/twisty roads over here and they just understeer widly, I will add the extra torque would be nice and they sound well ok but i like my cars to handle
By chrono404
scorchio69 wrote:Hi guys from the other side of the atlantic, the whole point about eg hatches is to keep them light and handle very well with good suspension, now slotting in one of these heavy V6 lumps to me is pointless if you want your car to handle really well, it has been done over and over here in the uk but with vauxhall corsa,s and vw polo,s getting v6 engines fitted, but you show any of these cars our awesome highland/twisty roads over here and they just understeer widly, I will add the extra torque would be nice and they sound well ok but i like my cars to handle

If you are going to make a Drag Racer this engine is a good swap. Much better then a H Swap.

If your going to make a Auto Cross Racer or something for good handling this is a really bad swap. You can get some of it back with good sway bars, and suspension tuning. A turbo D or B would be a much better swap for this purpose.

However like I eariler stated this is an awesome swap for Drag Racers.
By bcolladonet
#202320 im putting a 3.2 tl type s on my with hansport mount a axles