J30, J32, J35 & J37
By DREW-EG93
#167493 so now that a v6 can be installed which one is best overall?? considering handling and being able to keep some of the essentials.. ( power steering, a/c, space for turbo?)
By JUICE
#167499 if your doin a J swap.... who gives a !#@! about the not so "essentials".

Besides, you live in CALIFORNIA. that sunny 74 year round weather isn't too hard to deal with

if your serious about it, start lookin for a 3.2 type s motor. might be a pita to find a 6 speed tranny for a descent price tho
By GSRSI
#167500 j37 out of the acura tl type sh! youll have to find a 6 speed tho.. i heard you can use the ep3 tannys
By GSRSI
#167511 put you in the 13's if not high 12's
By JUICE
#167514 easy low 12's with slicks, maybe faster.

that j37 puts a little over 300 @ the flywheel stock. with some bolt-ons and a tune, that bitch might get close to 300 @ the wheels. :twisted:
By GSRSI
#167517 good point i was thinking of the accord v6 only having 247 at the crank... a buddy of mine in columbus has a j32 in his dc2 style teg.
By chrono404
#169447 That S2k looks cool, Mainly because its different, However I would prefer to have a high revving F20C over the J37.

To answer the OP. What is the Best J Series Swap?

The J37 has big numbers as its a big torquey engine. However how fast will it rev? Its placed in Acuras biggest SUV. Its made for torque. Its not made to Rev, Its made to Haul the big bloated SUV's that everyone has to have around. It makes its max power @ 6k, Max torque at 5k. Thats just not right in a Honda Engine.

Which is partly why I think it would actually be a C Series Swap. The C32B. The Engine out of the Newer NSX Type-R. The C32B is basically an Improved C30A, Slighty bigger bore for better torque and bigger valves,And of course High Revving DOHC CAM Vtec Awesomeness. Think of the B18c5 with 2 more cylinders.

The J37 has long stroke making lots of torque, However that means it cant rev as fast or as high as the C32B can. That makes the C32B a Better swap then the J37 for me. It would be a fun engine to play with. I don't care how much horsepower/torque I make. I wont be drag racing. With its 8k Red line, The rev happy C32B Would be a better track/mountain runner engine, So thats what I would take.

Specs:
290 hp (216 kW) and 224 lbf·ft (304 N·m)

Actually I would rather have a K20A2 over both, However If I was going to swap to a V6, I would take the C32B. And yes the J Series mounts will work on a C Series, Just like the H series mounts work on a F Series.