J30, J32, J35 & J37
By egsedanguy
#129198 cool but it just looks out of place. car will handel worse with that bigg ass motor. i say k series if your gonna do the work ther is more upgrades and parts are easer to get. i dont know but have fun. im sure it will be fast...
By Carfanatic
#129206 wow!! Dont really know what to thing off :eh:
By DontHateonEG8
#129208 its only a 100 lb heavier than a b18 motor, so u can use eibach suspension and carbon fiber parts to lower the weight diference between the 2 motors. but then ull be spinning tires with every shift - haha yeah!!!
By egsedanguy
#129216 i think its kinda retarted. it looks like ass in the eg, fits like shit, and cost way to much to put it in. you can get the same times with a k or b. plus good luck getting down the track without slicks. so a v-6 for what? its just not practical. like i said it looks like fun but its not worth it.
By chrono404
teal_dx wrote:wasn't Hasport working on mounts that bring the engine down a little lower? :?

They do on certain J's. Whats pictured is a J35 which wont sit under the hood with the hasport mounts. the J30's anc J32's do sit under the hood with a custom intake mani quite nice. On youtube theres a Ricer EJ coupe in Orange that has a J32 Type-S in his bay. Sits quite nicely, Tucked under an OEM Hood.

J32 Type-S Swap'd Civics will rape on people. However getting a Manual tranny will be hella expensive
By Punksz6
#129322 I was close to buying a J series motor!! But here in Cali its Illegal to put a J series in an Eg...Maybe when its legal I'll think about it again...But yeah u would have to beef up the suspension especially the front but there's people that have done it and some have been able to modify it to fit the Oem hood...Its pretty much up to what u wanna do to ur car, even if u wanna and have the money to spend on it... :thumb:
By DontHateonEG8
#129340 its is not expenisive at all!! all u have to do is look around and probably get a swap for a 1 grand. maybe one more grand for install and for 2,000 ull have a k-swap eater!
By Joplies
#130314 Ive seriously thought about a J series but idk yet...
By JUICE
DontHateonEG8 wrote:its is not expenisive at all!! all u have to do is look around and probably get a swap for a 1 grand. maybe one more grand for install and for 2,000 ull have a k-swap eater!

with it being a wack automatic...... :thumbdown:

it couldn't be done for 2k even if you did every bit of work yourself.
By DontHateonEG8
alldatJUICE wrote:
DontHateonEG8 wrote:its is not expenisive at all!! all u have to do is look around and probably get a swap for a 1 grand. maybe one more grand for install and for 2,000 ull have a k-swap eater!

and what do you base this on? an opinion?

well here's my proof:

http://honda-tech.com/showthread.php?t=2455377

yeah, around page 3 there is a price breakdown with a $350 final swap price. yeah i did my homework.
By JUICE
DontHateonEG8 wrote:
alldatJUICE wrote:

and what do you base this on? an opinion?

well here's my proof:

http://honda-tech.com/showthread.php?t=2455377

yeah, around page 3 there is a price breakdown with a $350 final swap price. yeah i did my homework.

first off.... he found a steal which would be practically impossible to duplicate. goog luck pickin up a 03 CL type s for $1000 that has a working engine/tranny. that tranny alone goes for 3k++. better do some more homework.

1k for wrecked CL
-600 for selling some interior
-200 for selling wheels
+90 for axle resplines
+50 in materiels
+ little $ for misc items(vac caps, etc)

Right around 350 bucks I shouldn't say, seeing how I will eventually sell the car for a premium
By JUICE
#130435 thats not "proof". thats someone gettin lucky as fuck. did you even read through that thread?? he even says its usually almost as much as doin a k swap... :roll: