Questions and topics relating to Right Hand Drive parts and conversions.
By kapow
#209451 In Australia all cars are RHD!

I drive an eg Honda Civic Gli hatch.

The only left hand drive cars you can drive in Australia would have to be cars earlier then 1975 according to the law here
By puno
#210232 we have millions here in the cayman islands (Caribbean)
By marlin
Simmons wrote:We got them in South Africa

yes thats rite ....cape town south africa's got them. pity no SIR
By Blueman
jred wrote:They manufacture LHD cars for America, rest of the world is RHD..
cuz the lanes are opposite to us.
we drive to the right side of the road Americans drive to the left side of the road.
Guess Americans jus like to be different :D

You can say it lik that or like this:

Every country that was once a colony of england has rhd the rest is lhd.
So you have the world who is normal, and you have England and friends who is not :)
By kapow
#215836 I think its stupid who ever came up with the idea to have the steering wheel on the left
By Simmons
kapow wrote:I think its stupid who ever came up with the idea to have the steering wheel on the left

X2
By marlin
#215840 guys we going round in circles....(scuse the pun) why dont we with RHD EG's swop with LHD EG's! see everybody happy!
im bets! i got a 95 EG ballade Red RHD with a D16y8 stock as a virgin!
whats on offer for the red RHD....oh might i add she also has full leather seats (factory option) 1 owner!
By deschlong
Blueman wrote:

So you have the world who is normal, and you have England and friends who is not :)

USA and Canada were both British colonies .... ummm, time for a history lesson me thinks.
By marlin
#216575 as long as i remember south africa always had RHD cars. and we were a british colony also! till 1961
By Blueman
deschlong wrote:
Blueman wrote:

USA and Canada were both British colonies .... ummm, time for a history lesson me thinks.

You've got me :)
By marlin
#217091 well i always wanted to drive a LHD car. neva got the opportunity. seen a couple..well not a lot. apparently its illegal to have a LHD car here in southafrica. dont even try to import one .......so much red tape !
By chrono404
kapow wrote:I think its stupid who ever came up with the idea to have the steering wheel on the left

Reason they are on the left is most people drive on the left hand of the road. Its been that way since the Romans make the roman road system. Then the British, being well British defiantly made everyone in Britain ride on the RIGHT side of the road, mainly as a Tongue out tactic agiesnt the crumbling roman empire.

Most of their colony are RHD because of this, however other contrys who where never British colony such as Japan are RHD and drive on the Right side of the road as well.

So if you want to get nit picky as why everything isn't standardized as LHD and RHD. Blame the British. However if it warn't for the British Empire, Then our world today would be much different. So :?
By marlin
#217104 well said there buddy
well that makes us want each others cars all that more
By Simmons
marlin wrote:well said there buddy
well that makes us want each others cars all that more

When u posting your ride?
By marlin
#217165 how do u post a pix?