Questions and topics relating to Right Hand Drive parts and conversions.
By Sincere
#240911 Im wondering where can I purchase a RHD Civic Type R that can be registered in the US and that is already in the US
By OleFolk
#240912 Its possible to find one, however it wont be easy and it will cost a lot.
Also depending on what state you are in, registration for a RHD vehicle will be much more expensive and complicated then a regular LHD vehicle.
By Sincere
#240994 Im about to move to Hawaii in June so ive definitely seen magazine with RHD in Hawaii but its so hard to pass the safety insoection there. Im currently in Wahington and ive seen a few driving around so i just need to find the car anf not at rape prices lol
By dbrooks
#243097 Ive heard stories about soldiers buying cars in other countries and the Army pays for them to be shipped over! :thumb:
By TNFBandit
dbrooks wrote:Ive heard stories about soldiers buying cars in other countries and the Army pays for them to be shipped over! :thumb:

true to a point...you still have to pay for the safety conversion and import fees...usually its not worth it
By Sincere
#243132 I will thanks guys
By dbrooks
TNFBandit wrote:
dbrooks wrote:Ive heard stories about soldiers buying cars in other countries and the Army pays for them to be shipped over! :thumb:

true to a point...you still have to pay for the safety conversion and import fees...usually its not worth it

Yeah, unfortunatly :thumbdown:

I wish you could just do the safety conversion yourself
By chewse
#243503 What is this safety conversion that u guys speak of.....we're rhd in my part of the world and when registerin an lhd nuthin special is required except that u need to display that your vehicle is LHD by havin the words LEFT HAND DRIVE fixed to the rear of your vehicle(license plate and bumper are the more popular options)
By OleFolk
#243519 If your shipping the vehicle over
Break the headlight and register the vehicle shipment as damaged goods
It should be less expensive
By kapow
#248467 So odd,
I live in Australia RHD land, and the other day I saw a left hand drive Acura Accord Euro with two army dudes in it, looked like american soldiers.

Thing is, we dont have Acura here, so what the hell were those guys doing here?!
By civic_loner22
TNFBandit wrote:

noo^ my dads in the army he just brought me over a 94 eg6 sir from japan he only paid for the car army paid for transporation and resgistration and all that wen they station him back over here... i had to wait 3 year for his tour over there to be over but it was worth it.
By OleFolk
kapow wrote:So odd,
I live in Australia RHD land, and the other day I saw a left hand drive Acura Accord Euro with two army dudes in it, looked like american soldiers.

Thing is, we dont have Acura here, so what the hell were those guys doing here?!

They could just be stationed there at a military base
australia is US friendly, and we station troops everywhere
By Gustavo
civic_loner22 wrote:
TNFBandit wrote:

noo^ my dads in the army he just brought me over a 94 eg6 sir from japan he only paid for the car army paid for transporation and resgistration and all that wen they station him back over here... i had to wait 3 year for his tour over there to be over but it was worth it.

Same over here my friend has a turbo h22 eg hatch here in town n he's in Germany n just bought a eg hatch over there n he said the army was gonna pay 4 everything.
By 93EGVXHATCH
Sincere wrote:Im wondering where can I purchase a RHD Civic Type R that can be registered in the US and that is already in the US

Go to japanpartner.com