Unfortunately, this is a risk of owning a Civic. All stolen vehicles should be posted here.
By teal_dx
#49561 update: the satin black hatch was found on a side street not too far from his house. the owner's kill switch(es) kept the car from starting :woot: :woot:

all they got was the radio & other misc electronic stuff
By asianrob
teal_dx wrote:update: the satin black hatch was found on a side street not too far from his house. the owner's kill switch(es) kept the car from starting :woot: :woot:

all they got was the radio & other misc electronic stuff

glad to hear its back damn thieves
By Bouli
#49571 if i park my car somewhere for a long time...then i always plug out my ECU and take it with me 8)

No alarm can do that...
By miguel329
#49656 ^ i was thinking about doing that and also cutting my ecu wires about 6 inches from the conector, going out to radio shack and getting a different male and female conectors, that way i could wire the 6 inch 1 with a conector and the cut one in the car would get a one aswell... that way if you take ur ecu out and the bring 1 without having that piece, they cant just plug a ecu and roll... i hope i explain that rite..
By Bouli
miguel329 wrote:^ i was thinking about doing that and also cutting my ecu wires about 6 inches from the conector, going out to radio shack and getting a different male and female conectors, that way i could wire the 6 inch 1 with a conector and the cut one in the car would get a one aswell... that way if you take ur ecu out and the bring 1 without having that piece, they cant just plug a ecu and roll... i hope i explain that rite..

I think i know what you mean, making something like a removable harddiskdrive ? but then with your ECU, that is a f*cking great idea !!

(removable hdd example pics)

By CivicTypeR
#49779 If someone did a DIY for that/this, I would cream my pants! :jerkbow:
By id3379
teal_dx wrote:that video just about made me cry :cry:

dam mexican theive's

(MS-13 is a mexican gang so im not beince racist since it was written on the side of the car)

that video was so depressing....may all theives BURN in HELL :x
By miguel329
#49888 yea something like that im looking around for the stuff to doit... rite now i have something like that wired in my cousins car... we cut the part of the harness for the injectors wired up a m/f plug wen he parks it at night he unplugs it.. got stolen once they push it down the street couldnt start it up haha..other than that it has saved his car... we gotta be creative so many thieves they all know the ecu trick but id love to see thir face wen they go to plug the ecu in and the connectors dont fit haha...
By flyinryan122
#49899 man i didnt even know this thread was here.

Here is my car=

July 31, 2007. I woke up to my car gone, 1 week later this is what i got=

I've been working at it now for about eight months and this is what i have=

It's just about ready to roll. hopefully this weekend, then i'll be able to go out and get some good pic.s lol. ECU always will leave the car now. along with a club being installed and porbably getting a boot for it lol. FU*K ALL THIEVES
By teal_dx
#54482 This one was just stolen last night in Willoughby, OH... not too far from where I live :x

[quote=slackereg6]Stolen from freeway lanes today 5/8 between 7-9.

Cell phone is 440-856-9096 if anybody sees it.

Also had f2 coilovers and skunk2 upper control arms.
No other features. The wheels are just spray painted hx rims.
I knew last night when I called to report it stolen that it was already too late. I am now just waiting to see if they will find it stripped or never see it again.
[/quote]
By CivicTypeR
#54508 How was it stolen if it has a removable steering wheel? :?
By teal_dx
#54509 he either had it stored in the car or the thieves brought their own steering wheel or it was towed. Removable steering wheel is a deterrent, but no way will it keep your car from being stolen.
By suspendedHatch
#54627 Removing steering wheel and ECU is useless. I see threads ALL the time where the owner claimed to have removed the steering wheel and/or ECU.