Unfortunately, this is a risk of owning a Civic. All stolen vehicles should be posted here.
By bren94cx
#81427 dude that video on the first page is so damn sad...
that ex was sick

its too bad :cry:
By Eli'sEG94
#82891 Dunno if it helps, i'm sure it has been pointed out before, but Lojack helps in recovering your cars. My brothers 94 Accord LX was stolen right from the front door of our house, it was recovered now even 1 hour later driver just stopped got out of the car no harm done to the car and it was recovered safely. I don't have Lojack on my EJ1 at the moment cuz honestly i'm broke but when i do get the chance I will as well as a nice security system. Though if the thieves really want your car, trust me, they will get it, we can only try and slow them down enough for us to be notified or the authorities to arrive.
By Classiccarsrule85
Eli'sEG94 wrote:Dunno if it helps, i'm sure it has been pointed out before, but Lojack helps in recovering your cars. My brothers 94 Accord LX was stolen right from the front door of our house, it was recovered now even 1 hour later driver just stopped got out of the car no harm done to the car and it was recovered safely. I don't have Lojack on my EJ1 at the moment cuz honestly i'm broke but when i do get the chance I will as well as a nice security system. Though if the thieves really want your car, trust me, they will get it, we can only try and slow them down enough for us to be notified or the authorities to arrive.

Most of the time thats what the theives do ive learned alot from watching the program on AnE call Jacked auto theft....what they will do before they take it to a chop shop or use it is they will part it somewhere and come back the next day or two just in case it dose have lojack or somethign that would get them caught....so yea he was lucky but too bad they didnt catch the people who stole it......hopfully my car will be a big ditterent since there is going to be no engine in it for about 3-6months whilst i work on it from the ground up but you never know i dont trust no one round my place i hate it (not being able to trust any1) but you can never be too careful....
By egsedanguy
#84993 On friday night on the 19th my friend traded his integra for a 94 eg sedan witha ek front swap, bronz rotas, ls swap, and lether interior and some other things. hella clean. made me jeliouse in some ways. well on sunday the 21st i was woken by my phone at 9am to my frined telling me has car was stolen right out his apartment complex. i mean fuck he had it for no more than a day and poofffffffff. gone. well not quite. i he contackted chp and they had recovered the vehicle in delpaso heights ca. its the getto. well he then got ahold the tow yard that has the vehicle. they told him engine, trans, wheels, cf hood, bumber and all the rest of the stuff under the hood was gone. so he is leaving the car there. he said he sell if someone pays the 250 to get it out and gives him 100 for the pink. sad sad time. moment of peice. .................................................. RIP 94 eg/ek sedan.
By teal_dx
#84995 sounds possible that the person he got the car from is the one who stole it back :x
If you buy a car from a questionable person, it might be a good idea to change all the locks & re-program any security. You might go as far as to gut it and look for any gps devices they could have planted inside to help them find it and steal it back. even a cell phone hidden behind a panel can be used as a gps device.

2 days later they stole it back... a cell phone will last a few days before it dies if it isn't being used for calls. :eh:
By blockustomz
#85002 yea that person he tradied it with must of stole it. if theres no broken window of course. id steal the teg back for pay back
By egsedanguy
#85026 ya we thout the guy who he traded was the one. well never know. on of the windows on the car was off the track and didint stay up. plus the igniton was busted. i think someone has been watching my friend. he has had 4 diff cars in the last 2 months. and its hard to put an alrm on somthing you only had for 24 hrs. so i dont know. it just makes me think all the things i will be doing to my car to help it not get stolen. o and the funny thing was he ad a wheel club for it in his trunk lol. so much good it does in there. ya there not going to prevent it from being stolen just slow em down.
By eg8ferio_mike08
#85576 ya thats bullshit i would def kill sumone if they stole my shit like that cuZ i have witnessed mad hondas getin stolen by me and dat shit juss piss me off
By egsedanguy
#85974 ya it is bull shit. but he just found out threw his insurance that it might be covered. he forgot he has 5 day to get insurance and notify dmv. he only had for a lil over a day. so he might get like 2,500 hunds for the thing. i thought he would get like a grand at most but they are paying close to high kelly blue book. blues at like 3,100 hund. so its more than he payed for it. make lemon ade out of lemons.lol
By teal_dx
#87313 from H-T:
[QUOTE=MyEG6;36907033]Be on the lookout for this eg

I had clutch lock, alarm with starter kill, and quick release, steering wheel lock. Must have been towed.

Parts to look for.
USDM ITR Seats
JDM Cluster
Blue Cusco front strut bar
Konig Hellium wheels

License plate: 6FWE403
Call the police or me if you see it 714-277-7650

Image[/QUOTE]

There were a couple civics stolen on ohiohondas.com too this week. With the tough economy, it looks like it could become a bigger problem.
By Kyle94ex
#99076 I've heard of at least 5 civics getting jacked this week/last week alone.
A buddy's friend got his ek hatch jacked last month a few hours away from me also.
Makes me fear for my ej. :(
What has the world come to?
By chrono404
Kyle94ex wrote:I've heard of at least 5 civics getting jacked this week/last week alone.
A buddy's friend got his ek hatch jacked last month a few hours away from me also.
Makes me fear for my ej. :(
What has the world come to?

I feel ya man.

I have a 2001 Integra, 93 EG 4Door and a 94 EG Coupe. Knowing they are all parked in my Driveway thats easy to tow from doesn't make getting to sleep easy.

Having a Honda makes for Awesome Days, the nights are Killer though. :thumbdown:
Thankfully I have not been hit yet, Heres hoping that keeps up.
By Sentry
#99084 Kind of thinking of not fixing that rust and not installing a frontmount. Or painting it black.

Apparently all the nice Hondas get stolen. :x
By BLaCkSiLo
#103032 hey guys, what about LoJack? anyone ever use it or did any of these civics have it equipped?

i have 2 kill switches and an alarm on my car but i'm still afraid after this thread, i live a pretty shady part of portland too..