Unfortunately, this is a risk of owning a Civic. All stolen vehicles should be posted here.
By JohnRM
#314222 Sorry, guys! I've been VERY busy. I know I said I would make a DIY of this like a month ago, but things just keep coming up. I haven't been very active either, that'll change soon enough, but I PROMISE I'll get a DIY of this when I can!
By Buddhabusmc
#314256 In for awesome-ness. Looking forward to the DIY.
By JDMsteve
#319001 I need to know how to do this!:O can't wait, maybe ill stop being such a sketch and looking out my window every time i hear something:p
By JohnRM
#319009 I thought I posted this, but while doing the DIY I found out that the iDEN network, the OLD network before the 3g, 4g, etc. is being shutdown. This network along with the Boost Mobile phone was the cheapest plan ( 10 dollars every 3 months). My DIY was for these iDEN phones but unfortunately, no new account can be made with the old phones using iDEN network. The only way this would work now is if you used a newer phone with the new network. Like blackberry, android, iphone, or windows that carry the new 3g, 4g, etc. I've already looked into this and it's WAY too expensive to even make a DIY.
By JohnRM
teal_dx wrote:That's unfortunate :( You had the perfect setup.

To me, this was better than the lo-jack because you can find out where your car is WAY less than the 45 minutes the police would have taken. Mine is being shutdown within the year and so I'll go ahead and find a similar or better replacement. I'm sorry for getting everyone's hopes up :(
By Wicked
#319053 Why don't you use a tomtom afaik satellite gps usage is entirely free break down a tom tom or some other cheapo gps and pay nothing a month just the cost of the gps unit 1 time
By brandoff88
Wicked wrote:Why don't you use a tomtom afaik satellite gps usage is entirely free break down a tom tom or some other cheapo gps and pay nothing a month just the cost of the gps unit 1 time

im no technical wizard but couldn't you rig the gps unit and a transmitter to send the signal to a phone or computer? then install somewhere in car...seems legit...
By JohnRM
brandoff88 wrote:
Wicked wrote:Why don't you use a tomtom afaik satellite gps usage is entirely free break down a tom tom or some other cheapo gps and pay nothing a month just the cost of the gps unit 1 time

im no technical wizard but couldn't you rig the gps unit and a transmitter to send the signal to a phone or computer? then install somewhere in car...seems legit...

I've still been researching the best way to track. Unfortunately, I haven't found anything that would work as well as the one I first made. It'll come up sooner or later!!!
By White_94EG
#337099 looks like that wouldnt really work for tracking your car tho..... it says in there that realistically itll only work up to about a mile in distance.... which sucks, cause this would be awesome otherwise!!