Unfortunately, this is a risk of owning a Civic. All stolen vehicles should be posted here.
By JohnRM
#306794 So if anyone remembers, my car was stolen back in September 2011. Ever since I got it back, I've been searching for a way to track my car (without buying lo-jack) and without spending so much money. Since November of 2011, I've found a way to track my car.

The picture you see is where my car has been. It's tracked every 3 minutes. If my car moves from where I last parked it, my phone will notify me and I WILL catch you.

To my point...
This is a security measure I took and I wanted to share this with you all. If you're interested in what I've done and/or would like me to make you one, I'll be glad to. PM me!
By dbrooks
#306795 That is awesome :thumb:
By fatcoupe
#306803 beyond awesome. how much it cost you? and how it work?
By JohnRM
fatcoupe wrote:beyond awesome. how much it cost you? and how it work?

It cost me 40 dollars total to make it and start using it(I got my stuff from craigslist and a local autoparts store). It works by using a tracking device from phone; satellite GPS.
By JohnRM
#306827 I definitely can! Give me some time to get all the materials
By 1ACarlos
#307313 That's awesome
By JohnRM
#308348 I PROMISE I will have a DIY soon!

Here is a little night drive. This time, I put the settings for 5 minute tracking. I used roads that had very weak phone signal. Check it out!

By Hatch-O-Doom
#308411 Man, the sooner you get a DIY, the sooner my car will feel a tad bit safer!
By Ajax1989
#308456 only if i still had my eg!

make that diy :thumb: