Unfortunately, this is a risk of owning a Civic. All stolen vehicles should be posted here.
By Juaka4590
#269736 So this afternoon as im getting home i see this other hatch parked in front of the place were i park my car and this dude is outof the hatch looking thru the gate were i park my car over night next door from my house. so as im closing the gate he comes out with this shady story. he was talkin about how one of his boys ripped him of some for k and ls and sold them for scarp . witch was more shady . do u think he was checking out my car and seeing how i get in and get out of the place or where i park the car?has anybody gone thru this and got their car stolen? im freaking out now i just got it painted and im in love with the car. the car has an alarm and theirs camaras all over im still mad just cuz i know ppl arounf here would just break into just to do damage.

let me know what u think? tks guys!
By gtstripes
#269738 start building a garage with heavy duty roller doors man, people like that you cant get away from and they WILL fuck your shit up (good to keep that in mind to really take things like this seriously).. id be freaking out too and my civic has nothing on it worth stealing besides dvd player
By jayEGR
#269740 if you seen the color of his car and know what he looks like just call the cops and say you saw someone with what you saw and is stocking you ,its like neighborhood watch , they will be around the neighborhood on a look out or watching people for tickets :thumb: just my IMO ,i seen a guy drive by my friends house like around 3am in a EF hatch and had his hoodie down and next thing you know like 10 sec. later his hoodies up and drive by speeding ,so he called the cops , but he had to wait for trolly
By RWMIII
#269742 if you dont already have one, get an alarm!!! Add some other kill devices/methods for good measure!!!
By Juaka4590
#269747 i took a good look at him for sure and the color of his car . he was a latinking so i cant really do nothing about it as long as they dont touch it or break in im good and even after that i gotta b carefull to act against him. hopefully nothing happens i do have an alarm and im gonna do some custom stuff to the pedals to make sure they cant move it . unless the tow it. sucks to know ppl are so f/up tho but their not gonna stop me from having a nice car. i do have camaras recording 24/7 . f the thug life ppl with no future. cant get a 9to5 but can work all day planning to steal ur car.
By FG2_Andrew
#269779 step 1: get in car
step 2: go to gun store
step 3: install killswitch
step 4: install a GOOD alarm
step 5: load gun
step 6: play the waiting game

you own one of the most "sought-after" cars to customize.. it comes with the territory. so unless you have a badass garage, and use your car only as a toy, expect it to get messed with, broken into, or possibly stolen.

it sucks we live in a world like that, but.. oh well i guess? :x
By elrompetoto
#269784 next time get his plate # and try 2 find out where he lives.
when u find out pass by and make sure he c u so he knows u know where he lives allso

look into clubs and boots and never slip make sure she is lockd up every night
By Juaka4590
#269787 Here in jerz it's illegal to have a bb gun. So yeah but I just gotta take care of it as much as I can . Deff on the look out cuz I'm pretty sure if they want it theyll try one way or the other I just hope I catch him or them tryin to get in . I really can't stand ppl like that!
By teal_dx
#269788 Do anything you can. some "free" deterrent methods that you can do real quick:
- unplug the ECU and take it in the house with you
- unplug a random harness plug or 2 in the engine bay. Just enough so it looks like it's plugged in but contacts aren't touching. That will buy some time when they're trying to start the car
- remove your factory tow hooks from the front of frame. that will buy a little time if they're dragging it onto a flat bed.
- relocate hood cable to make hood more difficult to pop & disconnect your battery

most importantly KILL SWITCHES the more the better :thumb:

back those up with a removable steering wheel w/ locking hub, pedal lock, good alarm w/ siren.
If you've got a lot invested in your car you may want to look into GPS tracking such as lowjack or do it yourself with a traceable cell phone which is much smaller and easier to hide inside the car. Just be sure the battery doesn't die.

Call your insurance agent and get full coverage for your car INCLUDING the aftermarket parts. If it does get stolen, you can get back what the car is actually worth.
By teal_dx
#269789 Everyone says get a gun but each state has different laws. I'd get to know them well so you don't end up in prison for protecting your car.
Like Texas doesn't give a shit compared to most states. You can shoot to protect property - to an extent I believe. I think it may apply to homes and not cars.
Many states it is only okay if you are threatened. You saw the thief reaching for what may have been a gun.
It may be to your benefit to shoot to injure vs. kill in some areas. 12 ga is your best option. You may want to consider bird shot or game shot which will send the thief to the hospital for sure instead of possibly killing them with buckshot.
But then if you only injure and the thief hired a shady lawyer and comes back to sue you for injury, you'll wish you went with buckshot.
It's a fine line with many consequences, well worth researching all the details.
Best bet is to own an unregistered handgun that you can plant on the criminal after you hit him with a slug :hehe: I kid I kid! Do not take legal advice from this site :wink:
By Juaka4590
#269793 Teal got it all planned out! you know they gonna come back to this site when u sitting in court for shooting a man lol. If he shows up again I'll call the cops and let them now but for now I'm doing all I can to get it secure . Tks alot for the opinions and advices everyone!
By EG {FIVE-500}
#269811 one thing i thought of when this topic comes to mind is get a floor anchor, padlock and chain and bolt it from the underneath where it won't be seen. i.e from the exhust so when they try and take the car there gunna pull half ur drive and ur exhaust off make a shit load of noise by that time half ur neighbour hood or you should hopefully be outside giving them what for :lol: just an idea. yea u will probly wreck ur drive and ur exhaust but id rather that than my car go walkies :thumb:
By teal_dx
#269816 Or a control arm :thumb: The car won't go anywhere! You won't have to crawl under the car as far either. But then it would be easier for them to cut the chain if it wasn't under the center of the car.
By jayEGR
Juaka4590 wrote:Teal got it all planned out! you know they gonna come back to this site when u sitting in court for shooting a man lol. If he shows up again I'll call the cops and let them now but for now I'm doing all I can to get it secure . Tks alot for the opinions and advices everyone!

good idea like i said :thumb:
By Blazed_Eg
#284472 OP if you know he's a latinking have the cops look into that! We all know law inforcement doesn't care one bit about a stolen car let alone a civic.

I usually take my battery inside with me along with my ecu not many car theives carry spare batteries! Also can someone park behind you so they would have to move one car just to get to yours?

My .02¢