Unfortunately, this is a risk of owning a Civic. All stolen vehicles should be posted here.
By BoostedD16
#253577 About time...:woot:

CLEVELAND,OH - Police in Cleveland have obtained dozens of warrants in what they’re calling the largest grand theft auto ring bust in the history of the city.

The raid includes 35 warrants for arrests so far Tuesday morning, and police said the ring expands into multiple cities.

Right now, officers are raiding a chop house on the west side. Officers there are taking out cars, blow torches, air compressors, tools and other items.

The raids are continuing throughout the greater Cleveland area, with Cleveland police, FBI SWAT team, Cuyahoga County Sheriff's Office and the Ohio State Highway Patrol currently working on the busts. So far, police raided six different operations.

NewsChannel5’s Paul Kiska is at the scene and reports that neighbors were clapping and cheering on police during at least one of the raids.

A police source told Kiska that a woman who was wanted in connection with the raid was arrested at the Charlotte airport after getting on a flight in Cleveland that was headed to Puerto Rico.

The raids took place at several locations throughout the greater Cleveland area, with Cleveland police, FBI SWAT team, Cuyahoga County Sheriff's Office and the Ohio State Highway Patrol working on the 18-month investigation. Police raided at least six different operations.

Investigators will address the raids during a press conference at 2:30 at the Justice Center.

According to investigators, those involved in the ring would purchase old cars for about $800-1,000, and then replace the parts in that car with parts from newer stolen cars. They would use the body and VIN number of the older models, combined with parts from new models. By selling old cars with refurbished parts on Craigslist, they could turn a profit.

Most of the stolen cars were Hondas because parts are interchangeable, investigators said.

Pics and updates here:
http://www.newsnet5.com/dpp/news/loc...est-side-homes

26 arrested so far, lets get these other 9!
By Classiccarsrule85
#253599 :woot: :thumb: finally jeez i hate red tape crap and im sure they knew about these things for awhile but couldnt do anything up until now....but glad they did and also i like this part

Most of the stolen cars were Hondas because parts are interchangeable, investigators said.

hmmm i doubt thats the reason they where stolen....im sure its one of them but come on thats like saying most of the stolen cars where hondas because they where hondas....

anyhow hope these assholes get what they deserve but if its anything like the judicial system i know its a slap on the wrist in the eyes of the owners....
By teal_dx
#253641 http://www.wkyc.com/news/article/188290 ... chop-shops

The car in that video is the one they were selling on craigslist:

http://akroncanton.craigslist.org/cto/2358797475.html

During a 2:30 news conference at the Justice Center, police said one of the ring leaders arrested was Carlos Pagan. In all, 26 of the 35 wanted have been taken into custody.

Police released the names of the 35 charged in the case: Evelyn Cruz, Juan Cuevas, Christina Lozada, Xavier Hernandez, Jose Martinez, Juan Martinez, Lina Martinez, Victor Padilla, Miriam Ramos, Juan Rodriguez, Erickson Ramos, Francisco Santiago, Lizmarie Torres-Bruno, Carlos Pagan, Jonathan Musse, Ivan Pietri, Luis Cuevas, Alberto Pietri Jr., Sally Ortiz, Javier Millan, Jonathan Ortiz, Michael Ferguson, Jose Vega, Edwin Mendez, Jose Trujillo, Juan Rivera, Javier Flores, Marilyn Rodriguez, Juan Hernandez, Auri Pietri, James Lyle, Alberto Pietri, Jose Ramos, Carlos Sanchez, Manuel Vasquez.

Of those 35, police are still looking for these nine suspects: Eveyln Cruz, Xavier Hernandez, James Lyle, Ivan Pietri, Juan Rivera, Juan Rodriguez, Carlos Sanchez, Torres Lizmarie, Jose Vega.
By BoostedD16
#253647 Made my day too. But I asked the same thing, how long until they are back on the streets doing it again. Glad something is finally being done though. Maybe they will learn their lesson. But most likely back to the same old shit.

Look at that kids that stole that integra from movie theater and killed the guy and himself. He was arrested 2 days earlier for stealing cars in cleveland area.

I wonder what wheels are on that hatch, hard to tell in the pics, my buddy had some rota gt-3s on his coupe that was stolen and never recovered, and maybe my rotas are there somewhere! ha
By teal_dx
#253650 very true.... and I hope that the police don't think that this is it. I'm sure there's others stealing hondas... smaller theft rings or some who are smart enough not to sell the cars on craigslist in the same area where they're stealing them from.
But the fact that the police looked into this and took this group down makes me feel great.
I'm still going to be paranoid parking my honda though.
By BoostedD16
#253712 Yeah def more out there, and will also still be paranoid about mine 24/7. Can't even run into the store for 10 minutes without wondering if it will be there still when you come out!
By EG9-ish
#253851 Keep us updated. Glad they got what they deserved. I hope those that were stolen get their cars back. :(
By civic_boy94
#254657 its crazy how this shit happens yuu know , but yeah there is always gnna be ppl stealing hondas , even after a couple day after this huge bust , i had ppl still trying to stake out my honda, smh come one now ppl dnt yu know cleveland streets are h9ot and the police is gnna be alot more harder on pp stealing honda or cars period.......
By 92redrocketHATCH
#254686 big surprise that they are mexican...please no one take offense to this i know white people steal cars too
By M Riley
BoostedD16 wrote:About time...:woot:

CLEVELAND,OH - Police in Cleveland have obtained dozens of warrants in what they’re calling the largest grand theft auto ring bust in the history of the city.

The raid includes 35 warrants for arrests so far Tuesday morning, and police said the ring expands into multiple cities.

Right now, officers are raiding a chop house on the west side. Officers there are taking out cars, blow torches, air compressors, tools and other items.

The raids are continuing throughout the greater Cleveland area, with Cleveland police, FBI SWAT team, Cuyahoga County Sheriff's Office and the Ohio State Highway Patrol currently working on the busts. So far, police raided six different operations.

NewsChannel5’s Paul Kiska is at the scene and reports that neighbors were clapping and cheering on police during at least one of the raids.

A police source told Kiska that a woman who was wanted in connection with the raid was arrested at the Charlotte airport after getting on a flight in Cleveland that was headed to Puerto Rico.

The raids took place at several locations throughout the greater Cleveland area, with Cleveland police, FBI SWAT team, Cuyahoga County Sheriff's Office and the Ohio State Highway Patrol working on the 18-month investigation. Police raided at least six different operations.

Investigators will address the raids during a press conference at 2:30 at the Justice Center.

According to investigators, those involved in the ring would purchase old cars for about $800-1,000, and then replace the parts in that car with parts from newer stolen cars. They would use the body and VIN number of the older models, combined with parts from new models. By selling old cars with refurbished parts on Craigslist, they could turn a profit.

Pics and updates here:
http://www.newsnet5.com/dpp/news/loc...est-side-homes

26 arrested so far, lets get these other 9!

OMG these are some UGLY mother fuckers..... :thumbdown:
By M Riley
92redrocketHATCH wrote:big surprise that they are mexican...please no one take offense to this i know white people steal cars too

Ha hahaha No no, I see a couple of white dudes, a black guy, and two of them definetly look Puerto Rican :wink:
By josh93coupe
#258373 I love seeing this stuff, already saw this when it went down, but i cant help but smile every time i see these fucks get busted :D
By dbrooks
#261804 I'm surprised everyone didn't just blame it on the black guy....