Unfortunately, this is a risk of owning a Civic. All stolen vehicles should be posted here.
By gregalmighty
#210495 White 92 hatch was stolen right out of my driveway Tuesday morning sometime between 3 and 6 am, it was white with a black hood carbon wing bronze wheels greedy turbo kit and coilovers. If you have any info contact me, I will get pictures up ASAP. I'm not expecting to find it in salvagable condition but id like to catch the thieves who did it. It's in the Cleveland area somewhere.
By berg89
#210514 Sorry to hear. Will post in other forums.
By project ej2
#210528 FUK THAT... WTF is up with these low lives.. :x :x :x :x :x goodluck with that homie.. i wish you the best.. dont worry.. read my sig homeboiiiiiii..
By gregalmighty
#210561 Well they recovered the civic about 2 miles from my house in a develpment that has a lot of new construction so its sporadically populated and it was torched. All they took were the wheels and set the rest of the car on fire. Engine, trans, suspension, turbo, exhaust were all still there but 100% trashed. It burned so hot the roof caved in. When I got to the impound lot to look at it I was too sick to my stomach to even take pictures. Unfortunately it was a project car that has been sitting in my garage and I live in a fairly nice area so I didn't even have fire or theft coverage on it. Anyone who has a civic with liability coverage now I would suggest putting fire and theft on it as well if you don't have it already! It will cost you an extra 6 bucks a month tops and save you all the grief!
By teal_dx
#210594 WTF, there is no need to torch the car. Cops rarely finger print and they definitely would not have bothered for a set of wheels. Was someone out there looking to get revenge on you?

What kind of bronze wheels did you have? Any old pics? If they were unique, maybe they will be easier to search for on ebay, cl, etc. I want to help you find the person who did this. Since the engine, suspension, turbo were all intact and only the wheels were gone, I don't think it's the usual scumbags that are stealing cars and dumping them in downtown Cleveland. They don't even torch them like these assholes did :thumbdown:
By 95CivEg
#210599 wowww thats F#$%D upp!! sorry to hear man!
By nic
#210602 dudue that sucks i live in cleveland and i heard nothing about that you would think that it would of been on the news or something
By teal_dx
nic wrote:dudue that sucks i live in cleveland and i heard nothing about that you would think that it would of been on the news or something

unfortunately, it's a problem that is usually ignored by most people (media, police...)
In the ~10 years I've been in the Honda scene... I remember 1 tv report. That was back in the early-mid 2000's when all the 99-00 Si's were being stolen in the Cleveland area and the stripped shells were being found all over. I remember hearing about 1-2 of those being found torched too. Finally investigators cracked down when it was getting big attention and the thefts of the 99-00 si's died down. Back then those cars were worth a lot more. Now I wonder if they care less because the cars aren't worth as much as they were when they were newer? Things have definitely gotten worse in the last few years in the Cleveland and even more recently in the Columbus area. I'm guessing a bad economy oly makes the situation worse. It's a scary time to own a civic until these assholes are caught.
Cops have made some busts recently in the Cleveland area, but there's still too many thieves out there who aren't sloppy enough yet to get caught. Their time/luck will run out... most aren't smart enough to quit while they are ahead.

I talk to a lot of local guys and read a lot of forums. More and more owners are starting to take things into their own hands, partially because the police aren't doing anything in some areas. A week or so ago, a civic got stolen in columbus. Owner ran out in the middle of the night and was able to smash 2 windows on the thiefs car in with a bat before they drove off. It's just too bad you can't shoot them like you can in TX :( Unless maybe you do it in self defense when you see them reaching for a gun that they may or may not have :twisted:
And if you live outside of city limits, no need to worry about discharging a firearm :woot:
If you're in the city, you're safest parking in a locked garage.

Another incident in Columbus... a member of a forum, while driving, saw a very distinct specific car of another member being driven down some back road in the middle of the night. They passed each other head on. the next morning the other member posted that his car was stolen. So if you see something suspicious such as a nice civic being driven down a back road or alley at odd hours... why not take a minute to take down the plate # or call the police to see if it was stolen. Because these days, the chances are pretty good. It's up to all of us to do our part to fight the problem. That also goes for looking out for stolen parts. I can tell you from personal experiences, nothing feels better than seeing a thief go down... or better yet, helping it happen.
By gregalmighty
#210879 http://www.flickr.com/photos/53407357@N02/

Photos of the car before. The rims pictured are the ones that were on the car when it was stolen. I'm not sure if they stole the carbon wing and bumpers or if they just melted in the fire but they were missing too. It was stolen a little after 3 am and dumped and set on fire by 6. It was found about 2 miles from ny house in the lorain amherst area so I don't think it was anyone from Cleveland . If any of you guys stumble across any of the parts mentioned let me know, they are all fairly distinct so if they get posted they will be easy to spot.[/list]
By Tugboat
#210885 should of had an immobilzer
By jayEGR
#210918 wwooooowww such a clean fucking hatch man srry to hear such a heart for ur lost , its like your heart turns cold when shit like this happens , trust me ive been to meets and see other people having extra licence plate and replacing them for iether racing or the cars are stolen so it best we have to do it in are own hands cuz its the truth cops dnt do shit when it comes to hondas
By teal_dx
#211074 The wheels look like Rota Circuit 10's which are a dime a dozen, unless you had the real thing Mugen MF 10's (I think) then you've got something worth stealing. Not likely though since they're super expensive, to these thieves were really stupid to do this for a set of rotas :(
By nic
#211156 yeah i seen a post somewhere i think it was on cleveland racing, that they found a few garages with tons of civics and integras that were stolen and they only found the first one because the owner seen some of his parts in the garage so he walked in to take it.The cops came and then they ended up finding a couple of garages but the cars were all chopped up.