D15, D16, D17 and Mini-Me swaps
By marvinp8700
VegasCivic wrote:As an alternative to using the adjustment tool, is it possible to use a wrench and screwdriver?

indeed it is :thumb:
By suspendedHatch
#95534 You could also use a butter knife and a pair of pliers. :?
By Ajax1989
{ikon}EM1 wrote:Will this be the same with a b series motor???

look in the diy there is a b serise :thumb:
By 603 jdm
#254039 i just wanted to say thank you alot because this helped me do my b7 she idles 100x better now and doesnt smoke oil anymore :woot:
By jdm_boi
#274202 oh crap, sometimes we do valve jobs just after cooling down the car for maybe an hour or so.. nice write up sir
By tat2
#297718 I just did mine, on every single adjuster it was already tighter than the correct tolerances, i reset every one to 007"/009", and it sounded worse than before......

Also, when cold i have one single clattering noise from the cylinder head area, which is louder than the rest of the valvetrain noise, which quietens down after warming up, but is definitely still there. My motors only on 68k miles, any ideas??
By undeadone069
#302507 if the valves aren't ajusted at all would it cause the motor to skip and go dead?
By -paul
HungRealLow21 wrote:any way to get the pics up again??

This! :). Also for B series thread too. :)
By fflaco83
#311003 i loved this one man, keep it up, really good job, very helpfull i might do it next week, i dont think i need it but i will just to learn
By Lil fuego
#318197 :woot: nice write up..very helpful..thanks!!!! 8) :thumb:
By hondachef
#342527 hey guys I know this thread is stone dead and buried already but I had my valves reset couple days ago and I don't get the same performance I did before. Does anyone know what the problem could be? Any help would be appreciated thank
By suspendedHatch
#342540 Stickied is the opposite of stone cold and buried I think.

Did you reset the ECU?
Did they tell you what spec they adjusted the valves to?