D15, D16, D17 and Mini-Me swaps
By 92civicEGsedan
#361197 So I got a d15b7 headgasket from my old car that isn't a priority right now but need a headgasket for my d16y7 I put the head gasket on the head and looks like everything lines up for the most part. Is there really any big difference between the two? I don't want to buy another headgasket if I can get away with using the one I already got.
By EconoBox
#361199 They have different part numbers from Honda so there are probably some minor variances between the two. I would just buy the correct one for the engine and not take the risk over a part that inexpensive.

The D16Y7 head gasket is cheaper by quite a bit. The prices below should be over the counter price at your local Honda dealer before taxes.

D15B7 Part number: 12251-PM5-S02
List Price: $92.32

D16Y7 Part number: 12251-P2J-004
List Price: $46.45
By EconoBox
#361204 I was meaning the gaskets thickness may vary between the two part numbers. I don't know exactly what thickness the D16Y7 and D15B7 headgaskets are but I know Honda varies the thickness of the gaskets so depending on if its thinner or thicker you may raise or lower your compression by using a different head gasket.