D15, D16, D17 and Mini-Me swaps
By rusty_eg3
#360966 Hey everyone! I have this very frustrating issue with my d15b2. A quart of oil disappears every two weeks (I drive 400-600 miles/week). I bought it like a month ago and the previous owner tells me that it burns oil so I should check the dipstick every now and then. But after seeing almost no smoke, I've decided to check for leaks. No puddles under the car either. As soon as I went under the car, I saw the oil pan covered in oil, basically it leaks everywhere, even at the drain bolt. So here are my questions:

1. Do you think that the RMS is bad fom what you see in the pics?

2. Do you think that a mechanic would be able to tell me if the RMS is bad without dropping the trans? I will go to a shop for an oil change and oil pan gasket and drain bolt, hoping this might solve it.

3. Do you think that this pan may need replacing? Could it be warped or something? It leaks from everywhere and the area near the drain bolt is covered with surface rust.

Thanks everyone!
Attachments
Screenshot_2016-11-19-22-55-04.png
Screenshot_2016-11-19-22-55-12.png
By TrailerTrash
#360967 my pan looked like that and it was just the pan gasket. thats where i would start cause as you know, doing the rear main and super easy.

use a good quality pan gasket and make sure it gets sealant in the corners where it needs it.