D15, D16, D17 and Mini-Me swaps
By dinkoy
#358730 Hi everyone! So my vtec spool sensor wire got detached for some reason. Would it affect my car's performance? Would it be okay if i direct wire it instead of using the grey plugs? Im having difficulty attaching the wire back to the other end.
By TrailerTrash
dinkoy wrote:Hi everyone! So my vtec spool sensor wire got detached for some reason. Would it affect my car's performance?

yes very much so. without the wire connected, VTEC is not going to engage.

dinkoy wrote: Would it be okay if i direct wire it instead of using the grey plugs? Im having difficulty attaching the wire back to the other end.

it isnt that simple. youll need to either get a replacement plug or whatever part is broken in order to get in functioning properly
By TrailerTrash
#358746 ah that could be. i probably misunderstood that
By teal_dx
#358806 Yeah, you could do it that way. The only downfall is if you ever have to replace the sensor, you'll have to cut the wires and re-solder them. Or if you ever remove the head engine harness, you'll have to remove the sensor to keep it with the harness.
By dinkoy
teal_dx wrote:Yeah, you could do it that way. The only downfall is if you ever have to replace the sensor, you'll have to cut the wires and re-solder them. Or if you ever remove the head engine harness, you'll have to remove the sensor to keep it with the harness.

Thanks! Saved me the hassle.