D15, D16, D17 and Mini-Me swaps
By TomHBEG
#358414 Hello everyone,

I have a superb hb eg but I have one annoying problem that I am trying to solve for a long time.
My D15B2, all stock, is sweating oil at the intake side. I already changed to a different brand of oil filter and a new oil pressure sensor.

Now I think it is coming from the head gasket but there is no sign of white/blue smoke or a sign of losing coolant. It isn't the gasket of the oilpan because the oil is coming from much higher. Does anyone has any experience with this kind of a problem? Any help would be appreciated! :)

P.S. Sorry for the bad english, I am dutch :wink:

TomHBEG
By teal_dx
#358415 :thumb: Hello! How many miles/km does the motor have and is it the original head gasket?
It's not uncommon for a higher mileage motor to slowly leak a tiny amount of oil from the headgasket, and not see any loss of coolant or smoke. I have seen slow leaks often at the corners of the head on higher mileage motors. Also it could be the oil pan. Sometimes oil 'creeps' up vertical surfaces, as dirt/dust sticks to the oil and that allows the oil to slowly creep up higher over time (as well as down, left and right).
Your best bet is to get under there and degrease and clean the area. Then keep an eye on it and you'll see where the oil is originating from on a clean surface. :thumb: