D15, D16, D17 and Mini-Me swaps
By kmdealer
#358279 Hi everyone, my name is Mike

Long story short, bought a chassis with a blown engine, bought another engine, broke some studs, removed the head, mistorqued the head upon reinstallation (my mind was elsewhere) the engine overheated to hell, replaced head gasket and bolts, and i had water being bubbled out of the radiator, i shaved the head, replaced it, put new bolts and gasket, and the bubbles went away upon hitting the gas, but would come when letting off the gas pedal, so i tore it down and i sent it to the machine shop, block shaved, head shaved, put it back together with brand new parts to factory spec, initially, it ran fine, sounded odd, the idle would make a random low tone sputter ever so often as if like the spark is cut for a second but it never dies or stumbles, i was driving one day, and the Shifter assembly would not let me shift the A/T from Park to Drive

i was driving and the car began to sputter as if the timing was moving, retarding itself in some way, i couldnt notice it immediately, so i drove back home, on the way, the car died out entirely, so i pulled over, popped the hood, moved the ground cable, and i saw an Arc, and power came back, i jumped in and drove back to my shop, i then noticed a Trans to engine bolt laying down on the starter

After finding that the bolt was Arcing through the engine bay, with the battery and what appeared to be something from the distributor area, i put it back in place, drove the car a few minutes, and ever since then it hasnt ran right thereafter

Compression test results
-- - Cyl #1 Cyl #2 Cyl #3 Cyl #4
Run #1 175 170 180 180
Run #2 180 180 180 185
Run #3 175 175 180 180
#4 -- - 180

Heres Video of what i got going on, first few seconds is codes, which is see as 1 and 19, Then from 0:15 to 0:22 is WOT and the engine cutting out, from then on, the RPMs jumping up and down is ALL my foot

Heres where i found a bolt laying, one pic with a bolt in place, another without, u can see the burn marks from the other bolt where it was Arc'ing under the hood

By teal_dx
#358289 Code 1 is your oxygen sensor. Replace that before trying to drive it, as it tells your ecu proper amount of fuel to inject and you're most likely running VERY rich right now (also not good for engine).

The code 19 is Automatic transmission lockup control valve which I have no experience with that, but here's a link that gives a little info: http://honda-tech.com/honda-crx-ef-civi ... -a-2301381

Good news is your engine is mechanically sound, good compression #'s. Replace that o2 asap :thumb: