D15, D16, D17 and Mini-Me swaps
By IconEG
#357976 Hey guys so i just got a Z6 on my hatch and put a aftermarket header and as i was driving i hear scrapes and im like wtf lol so i check and my header flange is wayyyyy to low to the floor.
Is this normal or not ? I will post a pic soon as i can thanks guys
By IconEG
Driv-it-hard wrote:How low is your car ?

No wheel gap low
But before that header was fine wasnt that near to the floor
By Driv-it-hard
IconEG wrote:

No wheel gap low

Low , meaning , ridding on 14's on the floor. ridding 15 and ridding on the fender.
Give me some help here. Some pic's would be good to.
By IconEG
Driv-it-hard wrote:
IconEG wrote:

No wheel gap low

Low , meaning , ridding on 14's on the floor. ridding 15 and ridding on the fender.
Give me some help here. Some pic's would be good to.

Have 15 and riding in fender. Berly tucking no wheel gap. And i will post some pics when i can.
I am not slammed tho thats forsure
By HeikDiesel
#357988 What brand header is it? Cheap headers have poor fitment because it allows for more error in assembly and still doesn't hit everything. Buy a decent brand of header and you shouldn't have any issues.
By Leppy
iLLson wrote:and also 4-1 header seems to run a lot lower than the 421

I've discovered this also. I picked up a 4-1 one piece header that was high quality and looked great, but it sat lower down and scraped. Both of my B-swapped cars now have a DC-Sport 4-2-1 two-piece header and they both sit perfect.
By TrailerTrash
#358000 a little scapin never hurt anybody :P

the flange on my header caught a manhole cover once and literally ripped the weld open. so bent it closed welded it shut and welded a little plate from the pipe to the flange so it wont catch on anything anymore.

my stock manifold and downpipe actually sit exactly as low as my 4-2-1 header. which is only low because the car is low