D15, D16, D17 and Mini-Me swaps
By iLLson
IconEG wrote:
UPDATE !
So it now starts but ONLY when it's cold then idles for a bit then starts to die then it will only crank. Then I let it sit for a bit and then turns on but rough idle then when about to get warm it does again :( any thoughts

check your fitv and iacv
check your timing
By IconEG
iLLson wrote:
IconEG wrote:
UPDATE !
So it now starts but ONLY when it's cold then idles for a bit then starts to die then it will only crank. Then I let it sit for a bit and then turns on but rough idle then when about to get warm it does again :( any thoughts

check your fitv and iacv
check your timing

Timing is on point and fitv and iacv are good as well ordered a new engine harness as my connections for the coolant temp have been repaired several times
By IconEG
HeikDiesel wrote:How did you verify it

Fuel pressure tester by just taking it off the filter and turning the key on and gas was coming out.
Also I've repaired my engine harness coolant connectors serveral times maybe that's the problem as it has repairs maybe connection is bad from so much repairing it? Think so?
By teal_dx
#357690 Can you post a pic of the coolant connectors? I'm guessing you mean the grounds that are on the thermostat housing? If those are messed up, then they will definitely keep the engine from starting.
By HeikDiesel
#357699 If you can get the car to start up and then it eventually dies it's probably not those grounds. Like I said I would like to see the fuel pressure as an actual psi reading from start to finish. I think you have something going on there.
By IconEG
#357827 Hey guys got a UPDATE
Well I got a chance to work on it again as I got into a motorcycle accident .
So what I did was change my IACV and map and TPS from another car and it can wayyyyy better it actually idles and stays on. But after a few min on start up it then idles really low.
By HeikDiesel
#357834 Check for vacuum leaks and adjust the idle screw out to increase idle.

Edit:Be sure to jump the 2-Pin connector by the ecu (Same one used to pull codes via CEL) when adjusting idle (or timing), or else it won't work.
Last edited by HeikDiesel on Wed Jan 06, 2016 8:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
By broken
#358024 My 92 eg is doing the exact same thing. I even have the identical circumstances of a brand new motor, fuel pump, filter, tps, map yada yada yada. I am down to purchasing a new distributor. I put a spark tester on mine and was getting weak and intermittent spark.
By teal_dx
HeikDiesel wrote:Check for vacuum leaks and adjust the idle screw out to increase idle.

Be sure to jump the 2-Pin connector by the ecu (Same one used to pull codes via CEL) when adjusting idle (or timing), or else it won't work. :thumb: